Texas Hunting Forum

Droptine thoughts...

Posted By: dlrz71

Droptine thoughts... - 10/28/14 12:24 AM

This guy just showed up recently and has a small bump on his right main beam. It will be interesting to see how he develops if he hangs around.

Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Droptine thoughts... - 10/28/14 12:29 AM

I had a few with little bumps like that last year (some were even bigger), and this year there wasn't any sign of the drop bump. I was hoping to get a couple of drop tine deer, but no luck.
But they all have to start somewhere, maybe that guy will.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Droptine thoughts... - 10/28/14 12:34 AM

Could be genetic or could be an injury. Might have it this year and not next year, then have the next year. At least you have a pic to identify him by if he does grow one.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Droptine thoughts... - 10/28/14 02:43 AM

Good luck.
Posted By: Javelin225ho

Re: Droptine thoughts... - 10/28/14 03:11 AM

keep him on the cam…he may grow into something crazy!
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Droptine thoughts... - 10/28/14 03:31 AM

It would be interesting to see what he becomes. The buck in your sigline is a great looking buck DrlZ71...Good luck.
Posted By: Western

Re: Droptine thoughts... - 10/28/14 04:09 AM

Nice little buck, looks to me to have a good chance of some mass out to the g3 later on.
Posted By: Lil Joe

Re: Droptine thoughts... - 10/28/14 12:11 PM

I killed a big 8 pt several years ago and few weeks afterwards I found one of his sheds from the previous year that had an inch long drop tine. Other than the drop tine, he was pretty much exactly the same as the previous year
Posted By: Kactuskiller

Re: Droptine thoughts... - 10/28/14 01:21 PM

In my experience things like that were usually a small knick in their velvet during early growth. Most of the time they don't develop into anything. Would be cool if he did.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Droptine thoughts... - 10/28/14 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
It would be interesting to see what he becomes. The buck in your sigline is a great looking buck DrlZ71...Good luck.

Thanks, That is my first bow buck from earlier this year. grin
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum