Texas Hunting Forum

how much faith....

Posted By: oilfldtrash

how much faith.... - 10/22/14 05:25 PM

Do yall put in those "best time to hunt" apps and websites? I don't use them but am just curious who does and do they honestly work?
Posted By: jseago

Re: how much faith.... - 10/22/14 05:27 PM

Posted By: yeahbuddy

Re: how much faith.... - 10/22/14 07:05 PM

yeah I would like to know if any one has had success with those
Posted By: BowSlayer

Re: how much faith.... - 10/22/14 07:06 PM

I have looked at the apps quite a bit but it never dictates when I hunt so I can't say how accurate they are. I just go when I get time to go which is not very often any more. bang
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: how much faith.... - 10/22/14 07:35 PM

I don't use them but I'm assuming they are based on the solunar tables which are based on probabilities of movement and activity which can be spot on but doesn't necessarily mean the deer in your immediate area are going to cooperate.
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: how much faith.... - 10/22/14 07:49 PM

Best time to hunt is anytime I have free time
Posted By: LovinLakeLife

Re: how much faith.... - 10/22/14 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: WTGuide
Best time to hunt is anytime I have free time

^This
Posted By: Aaron12

Re: how much faith.... - 10/22/14 08:51 PM

I hunt public land with allot of friends I don't use the apps that tell you the best time.. although allot of them are just based on moon phase and area your hunting. I do use HuntStandLite it gives me wind direction with up to date weather so I know what stand to hunt out of before I get out there and I can plan accordingly. Also I use HuntPredictor not for the predictions but it has a buddy tracker on there all my buddies downloaded it in case one of falls out of the tree we can always locate where everyone is at..my two cents
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: how much faith.... - 10/22/14 10:38 PM

Never look at them but I am going to guess and say that for Mule Deer on our lease in West Texas where we have no feeders that they will be very accurate. Also the moon phase and rise/set is very important for deer movement on our lease. I would say the same thing for WT if you are not hunting over feeders.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: how much faith.... - 10/22/14 10:45 PM

Not saying I only hunt the times when these things say I should, but I have noticed a correlation to deer activity I see and deer activity on these time tables.

Had I listened to it a couple weeks ago we might have been able
To harvest a doe, but as it was I just didn't think there would be deer out and about in the middle
Of the day on a 75-80 degree day....I was wrong. 6 doe busted us going to the stand.

Just my rifle
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: how much faith.... - 10/22/14 11:51 PM

Well I am pretty biased.... We've got the #1 sports app for the third season in a row and 250,000+ downloads.

Posted By: oilfldtrash

Re: how much faith.... - 10/23/14 04:35 PM

Thanks guys. I have a buddy that swears by them so I was just curious. I'm not a huge believer but I might download one just to see for myself.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum