Texas Hunting Forum

Advice from the seasoned hunters?

Posted By: RoadBlock

Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/17/14 09:23 PM

So, I've been planning a trip out to the lease for the past 2 weeks, I've been waiting patiently and getting excited at the same time. The plan was for the wife and I (she bow hunts too) to drive out today after an appointment we had, and stay through till Sunday. Well she's can't go cuz of, let's just say "issues", I told her I'd let her decide if I went alone, she told me to go, that if she had her druthers I'd stay and hang out with her all weekend and do nothing, but she didn't want to be the reason I didn't get to go. This is the last weekend for a while that I'll have the chance to go, I've got some huge deadlines coming up and I'll have to spend my weekends working towards getting some projects finished on time. So what do y'all think? Do I go or do I stay?
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/17/14 09:28 PM

I wouldn't have taken the time to post this..I would be on my way to the lease.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/17/14 09:31 PM

You haven't left yet? cheers

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/17/14 09:32 PM

Haha, I understand. Just want to see what other guys would do. I've only been hunting for a few years, and have never been in this particular situation.

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/17/14 09:35 PM

You still not on the road yet? grin
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/17/14 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Stompy
I wouldn't have taken the time to post this..I would be on my way to the lease.

^^^This^^^
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/17/14 09:51 PM

Planned my vacation around this week.. gona be a good one don't miss out
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/17/14 09:52 PM

Look I get it, my ol lady hunts and is as addicted as I am, but if she can't go and I can then its usually not even a question, I'm leaving. She's even got her panties in a bunch over it a few times but hey she knew what she was getting, our first few dates was varmint hunts and fishing.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/17/14 09:55 PM

Letter Rip Tater Chip up

Good Luck!!!

Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/17/14 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
You haven't left yet? cheers
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/17/14 10:02 PM

bolt
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/17/14 10:32 PM

Already missed a chance at my target buck today because I was in the office and he was at y feeder (dang covert showed me too much this am!). So get your butt out there and hunt!!

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/17/14 10:51 PM

Getting the car packed up now. Thanks guys, I read her some of your responses. She "put her foot down and told me to get out!" Lol. Bout to get out there and get at em. I'm hoping for my first deer with a bow, so I'm not going to be picky, if it's legal I'm flinging an arrow at it!

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/17/14 10:54 PM

You had better do something special for that gal of yours for setting you straight wife up
Posted By: RDNCK

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/17/14 11:49 PM

I see you do actually wear the pants in the relationship, problem is she tells you which ones happy3
Have a great time and good luck!
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/18/14 01:25 AM

You had better do something special for that gal of yours for setting you straight wife up

+1 Heard the get outta here and go kill something speech before.....Good lady you got.

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/18/14 03:48 AM

Damn straight she tells me which ones, works out better that way. I'm a big believer in the phrase "happy wife, happy life" she already puts up with my crazy hours as an artist, and encourages me to hunt and fish. It'd be in my best interest to keep her happy, not too many women would do all she does and put up with me! Haha. I'm here now, time for some rest and and early morning. Hopefully one that ends with me at in the cooler and blood on my hands! Goodnight.

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/18/14 10:24 AM

Good luck cheers
Posted By: Mako My Day

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/18/14 11:59 AM

Good luck! I have been blessed with a wife that feels the same way - go out and have fun, and bring something back for the freezer!
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/18/14 12:59 PM

^^^^^^
Agree!
Posted By: esnow74

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/18/14 02:14 PM

20 years of marriage and if she starts a sentence that even sounds like she is ok with me going hunting, I am loaded and out of the driveway before she finishes the sentence. If it turns out that she didn't want me to go, i simply tell her i must have misunderstood what she was saying. confused2
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/18/14 02:22 PM

It's simple. Give her a choice. Put on her big girl panties and come to the lease or sit at home while you go. There is no other choice.
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/18/14 02:46 PM

Are you serious??? What the heck is wrong with you??? up

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/18/14 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Walkabout
Are you serious??? What the heck is wrong with you??? up

What do you mean? smile
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/18/14 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: LandPirate
It's simple. Give her a choice. Put on her big girl panties and come to the lease or sit at home while you go. There is no other choice.
Just as long as she doesn't put on her 'Granny-panties". That would not be good scared
Posted By: Csddarden

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/18/14 10:31 PM

hahaha. His wife is a feisty one, no doubt! Shared a blind with these crazy two last season on a hunt.

Looks like he had issues with his feeder this morning, but I see a picture of ugly mug all camoed up and back in the stand for the evening on facebook.

Best of luck bro!
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/18/14 10:34 PM

Stay home ! Take her to the mall and buy her some new shoes and a new purse, then y'all go get a pedicure.

NOT !!!
Posted By: Csddarden

Re: Advice from the seasoned hunters? - 10/18/14 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranch Dawg
Stay home ! Take her to the mall and buy her some new shoes and a new purse, then y'all go get a pedicure.

NOT !!!

Oh, you don't want to mess with his miss. I get the "next time I see you, I am punching you in the throat" threat quite often!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum