Texas Hunting Forum

"Sneak Camping" Luminant?

Posted By: bushcraftbrandon

"Sneak Camping" Luminant? - 10/16/14 05:50 PM

Hi all,
I am new to the forums but have lived in Texas (Austin area) for a little over 2 years now.
Glad to be part of the community.
Really getting sick of the lack of public land (save the backlash of comments) smile
Anyway, I'd like to gun hunt Luminant and maybe bring a hammock and sleep there this December sometime overnight (camping isn't "legally" allowed)
Wondering if anyone has done this or if it's not a big deal at all; do they turn a blind eye....etc
Trying to get info on this.....
Has anyone done this? Know of anyone that does this?

I'm originally from Wisconsin where your can hunt/camp wherever. I miss that....
Thanks in advance!
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: "Sneak Camping" Luminant? - 10/16/14 06:54 PM

I believe Luminant, the energy company if that is the one your referring to, has several properties, including Comanche Peak; however, I don't think they allow hunting. Anytime you are "sneaking" in Texas, prepare to be shot or at least shot at. Be careful and double check the regulations.
Posted By: Paluxy300blk

Re: "Sneak Camping" Luminant? - 10/16/14 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: bushcraftbrandon

Anyway, I'd like to gun hunt Luminant and maybe bring a hammock and sleep there this December sometime overnight (camping isn't "legally" allowed)
Wondering if anyone has done this or if it's not a big deal at all; do they turn a blind eye....etc

You must be joking. I really hope you are just trolling and not serious.

Not only would this be illegal, it would be horribly unethical to hunt on a property by "sneak camping."

I know for a fact there have been individuals prosecuted for hunting on Luminant Generation property. I'd drop this idea quick. I know of one particular case in which one poacher was bold enough to boat across Lake Granbury to hunt on the DeCordova power plant property.
Posted By: Harrier

Re: "Sneak Camping" Luminant? - 10/16/14 07:29 PM

He's talking about the WMA in Robertson County, #607. It's called Luminant in the book because apparently the Luminant company donated/leases the land.

I hunt there. I follow the rules. I expect everyone else to follow the rules too.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: "Sneak Camping" Luminant? - 10/16/14 08:47 PM

yeah don't get caught on Comanche peak land... energy company's DON"T PLAY. I don't' know if luminant does but I know some of them have some pretty high end shooters on security teams...
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: "Sneak Camping" Luminant? - 10/16/14 10:55 PM

Camping isn't allowed?

Guess you better not do it, then.
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: "Sneak Camping" Luminant? - 10/17/14 02:14 AM

I would look around. Lake Limestone isn't far from there. May be a camping area there at the lake or in the surrounding area. If not, there is a rest area just south of Marque on 79.
Posted By: jmh004

Re: "Sneak Camping" Luminant? - 10/17/14 01:37 PM

I guess one could always go back to Wisconsin if things aren't going well down here.
Posted By: bushcraftbrandon

Re: "Sneak Camping" Luminant? - 10/17/14 02:25 PM

yes, and i don't think I'll be "camping" there

Easy boys. easy meow.
Posted By: cp50948

Re: "Sneak Camping" Luminant? - 10/17/14 02:27 PM

This post is ridiculous. That's like saying I'm going to "sneak camp" on a HF ranch down the road and do a little hunting when rifle season starts.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: "Sneak Camping" Luminant? - 10/17/14 02:35 PM

yes, and i don't think I'll be "camping" there

Easy boys. easy meow.

Your first post on the forum references breaking rules/laws. You got off lucky. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Posted By: talkturkey

Re: "Sneak Camping" Luminant? - 10/17/14 02:40 PM

Well, he's from W I S C O N S I N... breaking laws may be how they roll?
Posted By: JHeflinland

Re: "Sneak Camping" Luminant? - 10/17/14 02:46 PM

I was wondering when someone would speak up. A public forum is not a good place to ask about breaking someone else's rules. There is enough hunting haters out there already, at least we can keep our integrity about us and be honest and follow rules and laws while we do what we love. If there are rules or laws, follow them. They are there for a reason.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: "Sneak Camping" Luminant? - 10/17/14 02:57 PM

Hi all,
I am new to the forums but have lived in Texas (Austin area) for a little over 2 years now.
Glad to be part of the community.
Really getting sick of the lack of public land (save the backlash of comments) smile

I'm originally from Wisconsin where your can hunt/camp wherever. I miss that....
Thanks in advance!

If you don't like the way we do it here, I-35 goes north, I-10 and I-20 go east and west. Pick one. If you'd like to follow the laws, you are welcome to stay.
Posted By: jmh004

Re: "Sneak Camping" Luminant? - 10/17/14 03:17 PM

I wonder if he will be hunting Bald Eagles while "sneak camping"?
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: "Sneak Camping" Luminant? - 10/17/14 10:37 PM

troll
Posted By: Harrier

Re: "Sneak Camping" Luminant? - 10/19/14 05:00 PM

I'm at Luminant 607 right now scouting for rifle season and seeing if I can pop a rabbit or two. When I was checking out one of my spots, a spike came walking into the area and spent around a minute 30-40 yards away from me. I have my .22, so I suppose I could have "sneak shot" him out of season. But I didn't.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: "Sneak Camping" Luminant? - 10/19/14 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Harrier
I'm at Luminant 607 right now scouting for rifle season and seeing if I can pop a rabbit or two. When I was checking out one of my spots, a spike came walking into the area and spent around a minute 30-40 yards away from me. I have my .22, so I suppose I could have "sneak shot" him out of season. But I didn't.

Wouldn't have been legal in season either.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum