Texas Hunting Forum

Jello????

Posted By: KnoxCityNate

Jello???? - 10/02/14 04:18 PM

Buddy of mine told me to mix in a few boxes of cherry jello with corn into my feeder. Anyone have any luck doing that?
Posted By: PMK

Re: Jello???? - 10/02/14 04:29 PM

I sure hope you don't have any moisture in there!!! That would make one heck of a mess!!!

I have heard of mixing any red colored Jello with corn to use to attract pigs, but that was on the ground, not in a feeder.
Posted By: KnoxCityNate

Re: Jello???? - 10/02/14 04:45 PM

Good point, it's stays dry but not a chance I want to take inside the feeder. I'll find out this weekend when I check my trail cam if I have any hogs around.
Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Jello???? - 10/02/14 06:05 PM

If you want ANTS to invade your feeder, go ahead. I would dig what I call a Hog pit in a strategic area, dump jello of any flavor in there along with a 5 gallon bucket of corn, pour a cheap beer on it and shoot hogs and deer off of it. We have two on our place and they are hit more than the feeders.
Posted By: jono3bb

Re: Jello???? - 10/02/14 06:28 PM

Not sure if it was a coincident, but we have tried our hog trap several times with no luck. We poured out 2 boxes of cherry jello powder, and finally it worked. All 350-400 pounds of the boar. I will say it was the jello
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Jello???? - 10/02/14 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean
If you want ANTS to invade your feeder, go ahead. I would dig what I call a Hog pit in a strategic area, dump jello of any flavor in there along with a 5 gallon bucket of corn, pour a cheap beer on it and shoot hogs and deer off of it. We have two on our place and they are hit more than the feeders.

^^^^this
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Jello???? - 10/02/14 07:25 PM

Bill Cosby approves of this thread
© 2019 Texas Hunting Forum