Texas Hunting Forum

TPWD draw hunt JACKPOT!

Posted By: Texas Turkey Hunter DFW

TPWD draw hunt JACKPOT! - 10/01/14 11:44 PM

Well it looks like I just may have hit the Texas Draw hunt jackpot! After not getting selected for any hunts last year and missing the buck of a lifetime with my bow at Lake Brownwood two years ago I received two emails last night. The first one telling me that I had been selected for the gun deer either sex hunt on Pat Mayse WMA in late November & a second one telling me I had been selected for the antlerless deer hunt at Bastrop State Park in early January! WOW I was just floored and double checked to make sure it was real! I haven't been able to afford a deer lease in 7 years and depend on public land & draw hunts to harvest my deer. If everything goes as planed I will have a FULL freezer by the end of the season!
Posted By: TCB

Re: TPWD draw hunt JACKPOT! - 10/01/14 11:45 PM

up
Posted By: mbavo

Re: TPWD draw hunt JACKPOT! - 10/01/14 11:56 PM

That is great !!!
Congrats !
I wish you the best of luck on your hunts !
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: TPWD draw hunt JACKPOT! - 10/02/14 12:01 AM

Congrats! I have not been drawn on any hunts so far.
Posted By: mbavo

Re: TPWD draw hunt JACKPOT! - 10/02/14 01:57 AM

I'm in the same boat stxranchman. I am getting tired of seeing not selected and pending second draw.
But I have my fingers crossed for rifle mule deer or one of the guided exotic hunts!
Posted By: Deep Sea

Re: TPWD draw hunt JACKPOT! - 10/02/14 06:54 AM

We (my kids and I) have been drawn for 2 TPWD, and one TYHP draw. Super stoked about all of them. Lost my lease 2 seasons ago, gave up the next one (more beer lease than deer). Now my buddy who begged friends to come bow hunt does on his ranch has sold it. So I hope my season ends the same way you see yours ending, full freezer and happy times!
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: TPWD draw hunt JACKPOT! - 10/02/14 12:34 PM

cheers
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: TPWD draw hunt JACKPOT! - 10/02/14 12:44 PM

Congrats on the draw
Posted By: LovinLakeLife

Re: TPWD draw hunt JACKPOT! - 10/02/14 01:02 PM

Very nice, congrats
Posted By: Seadog

Re: TPWD draw hunt JACKPOT! - 10/02/14 06:07 PM

Good deal!!! Congrats!!!