Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone ever try it?

Posted By: DustyWyoming

Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 03:26 PM

My son got some cmere deer corn coat and is wanting to put it in the feeders and I am not sure about adding anything like it to the feed, So I was wondering if anyone has tried this and did it help or not?
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 03:31 PM

I tried the spray one year. It dodn't impress me. I wish I could find the vanilla buck bomb though. That got a lot of hits. They would lick the can.

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 03:56 PM

What is the vanilla buck bomb?

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 04:02 PM

its a spray. ijust tried to find some but its out of stock.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: hook_n_line
its a spray. ijust tried to find some but its out of stock.
If you're talking about the Vanilla Curiosity scented Buck Bomb, Gander claims to have them in stock.
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: DustyWyoming
Just go to the grocery store and buy a bottle or bottles of pure vanilla extract, mix with water, put in spray bottle, and as you fill your feeder, just spray some on the corn. No need to buy that high dollar stuff that DON'T work!!!

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: sqiggy
Just go to the grocery store and buy a bottle or bottles of pure vanilla extract, mix with water, put in spray bottle, and as you fill your feeder, just spray some on the corn. No need to buy that high dollar stuff that DON'T work!!!

Good idea but not good in the feeder. I put a buckbomb about 15' high and about 25 yards from my stand let it go and wait. 20 minutes max if there ar deer there. I had the deer licking the can after I cut it down and dropped it 2 days later. The other scents haven't worked as well.
Posted By: Hoosier Texan

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 06:50 PM

The Buck Bomb Doe Estrus got me great results last year. Buck made a bee line for the area I sprayed it on, crossing a cow pasture nose down the entire way. He's now hanging on my wall clap
Posted By: Branden

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 06:57 PM

You dont want the Extract it has alcohol in it and the deer dont like it, Bakers Vanilla is what you want its pure vanilla and works wonders.

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 07:02 PM

Hoosier Texan lets see a pic of that buck
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 07:17 PM

Hoosier Texan lets see a pic of that buck

story and picture
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 07:27 PM

Hoosier, I remember your story. Very moving. That was a great deer and an even better hunt. up

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: hook_n_line

Good idea but not good in the feeder.
Why not???
All you are going to do is spray a mist on the corn, not pour the stuff in where it will clog the feeder. I do it all the time.

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Branden
You dont want the Extract it has alcohol in it and the deer dont like it, .
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I guess my deer didn't get that memo. I have been using vanilla extract for years. They are on this before the day is up.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 08:13 PM

I like your idea sqiggy. I'm just curious how the corn dries out after you mist it and put it in the barrel. I would be concerned about mildew on the corn.
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 09:51 PM

Never used any of this kinda stuff.....all marketing ploys aimed at your wallet...I could come up with, let's say, invisible camo, call it "Invisimo" and say looking through deer's eyes you blend in to your surroundings so well you look invisible to the deer.....call it scientific..and it would sell. How did our forefathers ever harvest anything to eat?
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 09:53 PM

its not going to hurt anything but don't put it in the feeder... just pile some corn up and dump it on top... powder can lead to feeder issues
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Branden
You dont want the Extract it has alcohol in it and the deer dont like it, .
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I guess my deer didn't get that memo. I have been using vanilla extract for years. They are on this before the day is up.

They also don't mind ripe fermented fruits....
Posted By: trapperjustin

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 09:59 PM

I use corn coat but on hand corn not in a feeder. I beleive it helps.

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/01/14 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
I like your idea sqiggy. I'm just curious how the corn dries out after you mist it and put it in the barrel. I would be concerned about mildew on the corn.
Works best if you have 2 people. One pouring the corn in and another giving a "spritz". If by yourself, just pour a little corn and a quick spritz. All you want to do is give the corn an odor. Never had any to mildew. Then, when you get ready to hunt, put some hand corn out and spray it down good.
I started using vanilla years ago, especially when I hunted on the TPWD draw hunts where you only had a couple days to hunt. Once I found a promising location, I would take a whole bottle and slosh it all around. By the next day, had deer everywhere around me.
All that other stuff, deer cane, comere deer, etc. is all gimmicks.
Posted By: Kopfjager Industries

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/02/14 02:19 AM

I've had issues with powder type supplements clogging deer feeders. Nothing more frustrating than getting to your deer blind and realizing your feeder hasn't been feeding.
Posted By: B Razorback

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/02/14 03:25 AM

I may try some of that vanilla spray this weekend! Thanks!
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Anyone ever try it? - 10/02/14 02:27 PM

The question should be is it bringing in deer that you don't normally see? Sure, pile it up under the corn feeder where the deer are coming anyway and tell everyone how great it works. I have used the Cmere Deer and outside of using it to put out a camp fire, it's worthless and water is much cheaper.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum