Texas Hunting Forum

Bastrop SP youth hunt

Posted By: 12shotgun

Bastrop SP youth hunt - 10/01/14 12:59 PM

Hi! My son got drawn for a deer youth hunt in Bastrop SP. Besides the limited information on the drawn hunts section of TPWD website, does anyone know where to get more details on the area? I'll be calling them but want to do more research such as compartment layout. I'd like to look at some maps ahead of time before having a chance to scout. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Deep Sea

Re: Bastrop SP youth hunt - 10/01/14 07:13 PM

I was really hoping to get that one (but mainly because I live in Bastrop) Bastrop SP will be a tough hunt for a while. The park was hit really hard in the wild fire a few years ago. I don't know anything about the hunting in the park, but I wish you guys all the luck. We were drawn for Matagorda Island and Sam Houston WMA doe tag. I hear really good things about the draw program, but this is our first year without a lease and going the draw route.
Posted By: 12shotgun

Re: Bastrop SP youth hunt - 10/01/14 10:57 PM

Deep Sea, truly unfortunate event that fire; I'm hoping to have a good time with my boy, if we happen to see/kill something great, if not, it will be a good memory for both of us. I wish you all the luck as well this season. I'll report back once we hunt.
Safe and Happy hunting!
Posted By: MathMan

Re: Bastrop SP youth hunt - 01/03/15 04:38 PM

Can't wait to here how it went:)
Posted By: MathMan

Re: Bastrop SP youth hunt - 01/07/15 07:12 PM

Update?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum