Texas Hunting Forum

3 legged deer

Posted By: Cow_doc.308

3 legged deer - 09/26/14 11:09 PM

I snapped these on the side of the road one evening when I lived in Mississippi. Ran across them looking back through my photo bucket. I'd love to know the story behind this girl

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: 3 legged deer - 09/26/14 11:11 PM

Great pics. Deer are pretty resilient and can adapt to many situations they are dealt.
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: 3 legged deer - 09/27/14 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Great pics. Deer are pretty resilient and can adapt to many situations they are dealt.

X2 nice pic
Posted By: MikeC

Re: 3 legged deer - 09/27/14 12:44 AM

Yes sir. We had a three legged doe on a ranch that I hunted on in Tom Green county years ago and she raised twin fawns every year.
Posted By: Western

Re: 3 legged deer - 09/27/14 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: MikeC

Yes sir. We had a three legged doe on a ranch that I hunted on in Tom Green county years ago and she raised twin fawns every year.

We had a 3 legged buck, normal frame rack, we called tripod. When he got caught in a fence, a buddy put him down. When he brought him to the house, our vet was there for the monthly visit, after skinning the buck the vet said appeared to be a congenital defect and we agreed, there was no visible evidence of trauma.....
Posted By: 1chevypickup

Re: 3 legged deer - 09/27/14 02:28 AM

What part of Mississippi? We hunt 113 acres off of 27 near the Natches trace and vicksburg.

Re: 3 legged deer - 09/27/14 02:30 AM

This was in Starkville when I was in school at Mississippi State.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: 3 legged deer - 09/27/14 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Cow_doc.308
This was in Starkville when I was in school at Mississippi State.

Lots of dog hunting still goes on in Mississippi, have seen more than one with front leg shot off below the chest, could have been that or lots of other things. Lots of public hunting not far from MSU and some very good hunting there between State WMA, Federal WR and National forest and school land. Did you get to spend much time at the MSU deer research facility while there?

Re: 3 legged deer - 09/27/14 02:55 AM

Yea there is some good hunting around MS. I didn't deer hunt much when I was in college but I duck hunted the national forest a lot.

I never got out to the deer pens. I spent most of my time on the beef and horse units.
Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: 3 legged deer - 09/27/14 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: MikeC

Same here, only in San Saba! We called her "Hobbles" and she was the best buck finder I had. If she was around the feeder where ever she looked, you looked.....I credit her with a bunch of nice bucks!
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: 3 legged deer - 09/28/14 04:38 PM

We had this one for a few years and he was fine...

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum