Texas Hunting Forum

Best deer scent drags

Posted By: Hunter Daddy

Best deer scent drags - 09/12/14 06:43 PM

What are the best deer scent drags to buy on the market? Has anybody used one before which was effective? Dominant buck scent; doe in heat scent or both? Give me your feedback.
Posted By: fishsoap

Re: Best deer scent drags - 09/13/14 02:07 AM

Playtex with tinks 69
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Best deer scent drags - 09/13/14 02:38 AM

I haven't had luck with any of them.

I have used my own pee on a mock scrape though with success grin
Posted By: BigBucky2014

Re: Best deer scent drags - 09/13/14 03:07 AM

I've used Tink's 69 with good success. Shot a very nice buck a few years back that got downwind, turned around, and came straight to my wick with Tink's 69 hanging in a tree 25 yards away. I shot him with my bow when he got to within about 2 yards of the wick. No question he was coming to the sent.

Keith
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Best deer scent drags - 09/14/14 12:05 AM

Old sock (clean of course)soaked in Tinks tied with a string tied to belt loop, long enough to drag the ground just behind.
Posted By: fsevin

Re: Best deer scent drags - 09/15/14 02:56 AM

Would experienced hunters (I have only been at this 3 years) use any sort of scent or drag to start bow season? Or wait until the pre-rut / rut?
Posted By: 1chevypickup

Re: Best deer scent drags - 09/15/14 04:10 AM

I wouldn't do it during bow season. You will end up scaring deer away.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Best deer scent drags - 09/15/14 10:05 AM

Depends on the area, one of the places I hunt they are most years chasing does by mid October, the other mid November. those places are about 25 miles apart.

When finding scrapes and fresh rub lines go for the scents. Have been successful with Special Golden Estrus and Tinks 69.
Posted By: ryorgensen

Re: Best deer scent drags - 09/15/14 10:28 AM

+1 on Tinks and the Golden Estrus scents. Mid October they will start chasing here as well.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum