Texas Hunting Forum

turner seed is lousy

Posted By: horn section

turner seed is lousy - 09/04/14 05:35 PM

I called and talked to them but it was going to be too expensive to ship. They suggested I talk to callahans because they could add it to a stock order and then would not have shipping. So callahans calls to confirm this and everything is good. So they order the seed for me and it came in today. Well turner seed charged the freight eventhough it was on a stock order. So callahans called back and asjed them about it and they changed the story. Now they claim that they charge freight on all grain seeds. When it was brought up that we both were told differently, they responded with sorry u were told wrong. Which by the way was from their employee but they wouldn't honor what they said. What a crappy company. Kinda sounds like bait and switch to me. I see people write good things about them but I don't see it that way. Stand by what u said. I obviously won't be doing anymore business with them.
Posted By: Western

Re: turner seed is lousy - 09/04/14 05:55 PM

That would PmO too, unless you ordered a significant amount, it shouldn't have made much difference if thrown on the truck with an outgoing order.
Posted By: RossCravens

Re: turner seed is lousy - 09/04/14 06:18 PM

Good point Western...How much did you order?

Re: turner seed is lousy - 09/04/14 07:20 PM

2 bags
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: turner seed is lousy - 09/04/14 07:24 PM

When I worked for a feed store, Turner always charged freight on every order. We ordered pallet quantity to get the best price on every bag.
Posted By: Western

Re: turner seed is lousy - 09/04/14 07:24 PM

2 bags could almost fit in the passengers seat!! Yeah, that's bs
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: turner seed is lousy - 09/04/14 09:02 PM

whip
Posted By: JTS

Re: turner seed is lousy - 09/04/14 10:00 PM

My local NRCS office seemed to be under the impression that they didn't charge freight if I had it shipped to their office. I got a surprise on the bill of an extra $130.

Re: turner seed is lousy - 09/04/14 10:01 PM

Just do ehat u say. They are the ones who offered it and then still charged. I live 4 hours away not gonna deive to get it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum