Texas Hunting Forum

Tailgate feeder question

Posted By: haslethunter

Tailgate feeder question - 09/04/14 04:31 PM

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with an OnTime Feeder/Spreader? If not what brand what brand would you recommend/not recommend?
Posted By: tlk

Re: Tailgate feeder question - 09/04/14 05:03 PM

I use and like the All Seasons 100 lb feeder - Bucees has them for $249 - best price anywhere
Posted By: RossCravens

Re: Tailgate feeder question - 09/04/14 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: tlk
I use and like the All Seasons 100 lb feeder - Bucees has them for $249 - best price anywhere

I have one of those too. I bought mine from a feed store and I want to say I spent $320 or so. Still well worth the money. Very well built and works great, worth every penny. I have used the cheaper (still not that cheap) ones and they are all crap compared to the All Seasons tailgate feeders!!
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Tailgate feeder question - 09/04/14 09:13 PM

All seasons all the way
Posted By: ffread

Re: Tailgate feeder question - 09/04/14 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
All seasons all the way

Agree
Posted By: tlk

Re: Tailgate feeder question - 09/04/14 10:08 PM

yeah I priced them everywhere and around $350 was best I could find - then walked into Bucees and it was $249 - sweet! I have two of them
Posted By: TGalyon1

Re: Tailgate feeder question - 09/07/14 02:56 PM

I made one out of 30 gal can and 2 inch tubing. I used the receiver hitch on the truck to mount it to, and used the left blinker to turn it on and off. It work great had the material laying around.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Tailgate feeder question - 09/07/14 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: TGalyon1
I made one out of 30 gal can and 2 inch tubing. I used the receiver hitch on the truck to mount it to, and used the left blinker to turn it on and off. It work great had the material laying around.

That is a great idea!!!
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: Tailgate feeder question - 09/08/14 02:18 AM

But what if you're turning right?

Re: Tailgate feeder question - 09/09/14 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: WTGuide

I dont make any right turn's
Posted By: YellowDog

Re: Tailgate feeder question - 09/09/14 05:31 PM

worthless
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Tailgate feeder question - 09/09/14 05:51 PM

I bought one from Monarch and it works great.

Re: Tailgate feeder question - 09/11/14 12:54 AM

Sorry dog I dont have it any more. I left the lease and did not have room for it. I tried to draw a pic and put it onhere but it did not make any since.

Mount a can any kind plastic, metal any thing on top of a V. Under the V will be your 12 volt D/C motor with the same size shaft as your spinner plate. I went to a wrecking yard and bought a blower motor . You will Weald 2 inch square tubing the closed side of the V at angle. This is to raise it off the ground so you dont tear the motor off going up or down hills or creeks etc..
At the base of the 2 inch tubing Weald another 2 inch tubing to it. This will go into your hitch.
Leave room below the can to slid a piece of plastic in the opening to close it off so you dont lose corn going down the road.

..... <.
____/ S
^ this go's into hitch , S is the 12 v motor mounted under the can you will mount the can on top of the < .
Posted By: passthru

Re: Tailgate feeder question - 09/13/14 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: WTGuide

I dont make any right turn's

Must be a NASCAR driver. grin
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum