Texas Hunting Forum

Excited for the season to start

Posted By: Texas buckeye

Excited for the season to start - 09/01/14 07:46 AM

Most of the bucks on my lease shed their velvet the last week of August, right in line with previous years.

Glad to see this guy made it through the year, he looks identical from last year, so whatever is going on with that left main is messed up for good, too bad as he would be a great buck if symmetrical, but he still would make a great euro mount. This is his first sighting since early last season. I think a buddy saw him once while hunting, but didn't feel comfortable letting his boy take the shot:

This guy may be a good target for one of my kids, my daughter wants to shoot a deer in a bad way, but I am not sure if my son will let her shoot this guy, interesting character with a only two points on the left and three on the right, but dang is his left main long!

And so far this guy is a target for one of us. A little weak (ok, a lot weak) in the brows, but he is decent wide and a nice 8. I saw some new bucks on camera from a different stand but couldn't get any of them to smile for my cameras enough, and this guys been regular since last season, that has to count for something doesn't it?

Sorry for the grainy pics, I uploaded these from my phone as I don't have wifi at the lease. Hope to get some better pics of these guys and some others in the next month!
Posted By: Seadog

Re: Excited for the season to start - 09/01/14 07:58 AM

I can't wait myself!!! Good luck to you and the kids!!!
Posted By: JThoele

Re: Excited for the season to start - 09/01/14 11:13 AM

Good luck this season
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Excited for the season to start - 09/01/14 12:24 PM

Good luck on some nice bucks. up
Posted By: samsamthemex

Re: Excited for the season to start - 09/01/14 02:27 PM

nice headig out next weekend to check things out!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum