Texas Hunting Forum

Age and Score My biggest buck on cam

Posted By: ltsheets

Age and Score My biggest buck on cam - 08/30/14 09:37 PM

Just got pics of this big boy today. He's easily the biggest we have ever gotten on cam. I know these aren't the best pics for aging or scoring but I wanted to post them anyway and will add more when/if I get them. I'm thinking 4.5-5.5 yrs old (I don't think his body is big enough to be older than 5.5) at most and around 150ish. Thanks everyone.

Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Age and Score My biggest buck on cam - 08/30/14 09:55 PM

lts, he must not like your pen, lol..I think you're right on age, 4.5-5.5. He is close to 150, I'd go 145ish...

Re: Age and Score My biggest buck on cam - 08/31/14 02:53 AM

Haha thanks DQ. I'm guessing he's still submissive to that 6 who's a cranky old buck!

Originally Posted By: DQ Kid
lts, he must not like your pen, lol..I think you're right on age, 4.5-5.5. He is close to 150, I'd go 145ish...
Posted By: ACKHNTR

Re: Age and Score My biggest buck on cam - 08/31/14 03:32 AM

I hope I'm wrong but his right side looks very weak.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Age and Score My biggest buck on cam - 08/31/14 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: goodoboy

I think you might be correct, he doesn't look symmetrical.

Re: Age and Score My biggest buck on cam - 08/31/14 04:04 AM

I zoomed in on the pic and it looks like he's got 4 on the right side and 5 on the left with good brows on both. I'm not saying his right side is as good as the left but the angle of the pic has them all in a row basically making it tough to judge. Hopefully I'll get a better look at his right side soon enough.
Posted By: BOONER

Re: Age and Score My biggest buck on cam - 08/31/14 04:11 AM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
Originally Posted By: goodoboy

I think you might be correct, he doesn't look symmetrical.

That's what I see also , need some better pics. But just don't think he is even close to. 150
Posted By: RUM Mann

Re: Age and Score My biggest buck on cam - 08/31/14 11:43 AM

I don't see 150 they always look bigger from the back
Posted By: JThoele

Re: Age and Score My biggest buck on cam - 08/31/14 06:01 PM

Nice buck for sure. Definitely a very weak R side compared to a stunning L side. Nice width. If he is the top, eye catching buck on your place, I'd be proud to put him on a wall!

Re: Age and Score My biggest buck on cam - 08/31/14 08:19 PM

I'm really hoping that if we can get a better pic of his right side, that it's not as weak as it seems it might be. When you zoom in, you can see the other tines and can tell that he's got 4 pts on that side so I'm hoping it's just a funny angle.

Originally Posted By: JThoele
Nice buck for sure. Definitely a very weak R side compared to a stunning L side. Nice width. If he is the top, eye catching buck on your place, I'd be proud to put him on a wall!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Age and Score My biggest buck on cam - 08/31/14 08:22 PM

He is a nice buck that looks to be either 4 or 5 yrs old. Just don't get wrapped in the whole score game and pass up the buck based on score alone. If you like him kill him cheers

Re: Age and Score My biggest buck on cam - 08/31/14 08:26 PM

Oh i completely agree stx... I was just curious about the score. He'd easily be my biggest by about 20-25 inches probably. If he isn't old enough, regardless of score, I would do my best to pass on him. If he's 5 or so, he'll probably go on the hit list as my #1.

Re: Age and Score My biggest buck on cam - 08/31/14 10:14 PM

Do you guys think this is the same deer? Here are a couple pics from last year.

Re: Age and Score My biggest buck on cam - 09/19/14 01:58 AM

bump...

Re: Age and Score My biggest buck on cam - 09/19/14 02:00 AM

I just noticed the pics up top are messed up now...here they are again...

It's the buck in the background.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Age and Score My biggest buck on cam - 09/19/14 12:36 PM

He's a real nice buck about 4-5. Weak on left side for sure. Best I can tell from last year he had the same thing going on with one of his antlers. If so I would put him on the hit list if you like him.

Re: Age and Score My biggest buck on cam - 09/20/14 02:00 AM

so you do think it's the same buck from last year? I know it's hard to tell from those pics. That's all we've gotten of him so far.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Age and Score My biggest buck on cam - 09/20/14 03:33 PM

He surely may be or not. Unless you can determine real defining traits like notched ear or particular point, forked G2 etc. gonna be hard to know for sure..Either way, he's mature and harvestable. Good luck.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum