Texas Hunting Forum

Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant

Posted By: SCson

Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/27/14 08:50 PM

Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant
Posted By: BigBucky2014

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/27/14 09:33 PM

I put some in my feeder the last time I filled it up. Hogs went crazy - even knocked down my panels around the feeder. Got those fixed and haven't checked my game camera since. If you use it, be sure to make sure it is broken up. Last time I was on my lease I noticed that my feeder didn't go off. I went to check it out and there was a chunk of the Big&J's clogging the corn hole. I got it out and all is good. It probably hadn't gone off in 3 days, but I would have been way mad if it had been during deer season and I show up to hunt and my feeder hadn't thrown corn for a week. Just a head's up. I'll let you know if I have any deer pics when I go dove hunting this weekend.

Keith

P.S. I don't think I would buy it again unless I see a significant difference in traffic from the other feeder game cams on our place. All the others are corn only. Just thought I'd try it out.
Posted By: B-Man

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/27/14 11:42 PM

Poured out a couple bags in a couple spots with cameras. Stay tuned. I'm interested to see what it will bring in.
Posted By: DEERSHED

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 01:23 AM

Coons love it...
Posted By: BigBucky2014

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: DEERSHED
Coons love it...

I do have a couple pics of coons on my camera. LOL!!
Posted By: B-Man

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 01:59 AM

Heck after spending the $$ for a lease, blinds, feeders, corn, ATV's, guns & clothing what's another $30-40 to see if it works.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 02:02 AM

Corn has worked for the past 60+ years.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman

What did y'all use before that?

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By: txshntr

Tracked them down.
Posted By: MBS1669

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 04:13 AM

I have actually had good luck with it on two different properties. Lamar county and parker County. Had deer come to it within a day or two. I got better results pouring it in a line next to heavy cover/edges of fields. I also have used the blocks and if you don't have hogs they can last a few weeks. The stuff works and had better luck not putting it in my feeder. I would put it away from your feeder and set up a camera on it. I have had deer come back to the same spot I put the block or powder down and tear up the dirt weeks after it was gone. The deer can smell it and should be on it in a few days just depends on your deer population. Its not cheap but I swear by it and have tried a bunch of attractants. Just have to be patient and place it correctly, I usually dump 5-10 pounds down at a time
Posted By: DesertHunting

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 04:23 AM

Originally Posted By: txshntr

Indian corn

FIFY
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 10:53 AM

but does it work BEST? remember, i scientifically disproved that theory on my property.

and before we get bobo and TX going again on dispersion and home ranges and linear miles, my scientifical data shows that guys on small properties MAY benefit from feeding more than corn. if spending a little more on some crazy attractant means the buck (well, not "THE," but "a") hits my chum pile before he jumps the fence to go get my neighbors corn, then its worth it.

and before STX and chuck connors get going on the ol' buck again, my scientific research was also performed on a different property in a different county too, one where i had plenty of nov and dec buck pics.

i will be publishing my findings soon, watch for it.

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 11:26 AM

Originally Posted By: jshouse

but does it work BEST? remember, i scientifically disproved that theory on my property.

and before we get bobo and TX going again on dispersion and home ranges and linear miles, my scientifical data shows that guys on small properties MAY benefit from feeding more than corn. if spending a little more on some crazy attractant means the buck (well, not "THE," but "a") hits my chum pile before he jumps the fence to go get my neighbors corn, then its worth it.

and before STX and chuck connors get going on the ol' buck again, my scientific research was also performed on a different property in a different county too, one where i had plenty of nov and dec buck pics.

Could it be scratch that with approach of deer season, those small frugal neighbors around you have started feeding just plain old corn in the deer feeders for the first time this year? confused2 If a "buck" does not live on your land, then he might just be getting all the corn he needs now at some elses plain old corn "Big" buck buffet nidea and not need your research feed area popcorn OR grin could it be a sudden surge in your research area feed traffic has run off the one and only "Big" whistle

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 12:36 PM

colt.45...is that you? flag

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 12:37 PM

flag
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 01:38 PM

HA! roflmao
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 02:00 PM

Well played rofl
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 02:20 PM

Any luck or does it work? If you put it in a feeder pen or around a feeder where deer have already been accustomed to dining, they will most likely eat it. It will not however, pull out the mythical monster that lurks around your feeder but never shows himself during legal hunting hours.
Posted By: SCson

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 03:22 PM

I've used roasted soy beans & also strawberry cool aid mixed in my corn last year and wasn't impressed. I'm on a lease with several other guys but unlike them I've had my feeders going for several months now. This weekend a few of us are buying 4.5 tons of corn & I'd like to offer something different than the rest.
Posted By: DENTPUSHA

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 07:26 PM

lol35
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 08:04 PM

In my neck of the woods (Virginia) we cannot bait after Sept 1st and throughout deer season. On my trail cams locations I use corn prior to Sept 1 and again after the season is over. It works great and the deer here love the corn. So my feeling all along has been that adding anything to the corn is probably not needed (e.g., corn coat, etc).

I'm interested to hear if the majority of the posts feel that any additive REALLY makes an appreciable difference.
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/28/14 09:46 PM

I try a couple things each year, as everyone on my lease feeds straight corn. Sugar beets attract more coons...... if that's possible
Originally Posted By: SCson
I'd like to offer something different than the rest.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 08/31/14 11:57 PM

I missed the post where the corn is best theory was "disproved." Is there a link?
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 09/02/14 04:37 PM

It is a full ration feed.... not many out there. Check out the digestibility as well. It is off the CHARTS compared to anything else around. We have never had issues with it clogging feeders but if you had a little water leak I could see it being an issue. I put it out first morning of corn trip and when we came back that afternoon to set up the pop up the pile I had poured on the ground had been hammered, havn't pulled cards but I am excited to see. People complain about it not being a pellet but if you want to keep that digestibility its hard.

ANNNYYYY way... I think its good stuff so far. See if I can get some more picks, we used it a lot heavier this year. Also put out their mineral thing too.

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 09/02/14 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher

I missed the post where the corn is best theory was "disproved." Is there a link?

I haven't published the findings yet, its still all in my head.
Posted By: DENTPUSHA

Re: Has anyone had any luck with Big & J corn attractant - 09/03/14 05:48 PM

I dumped out a bag of this last weekend at new lease and new pen. It was up for a week prior and had nothing jump in yet. I'll see what happens with here in a few weeks. I put some in feeder but most went on ground.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum