Texas Hunting Forum

Things are a changin

Posted By: bdotson

Things are a changin - 08/25/14 02:53 AM

I watch the same 4 or 5 bucks come to eat at least 5 days a week. They are not scared of me just want there distance. I can tell you almost to the minute when they will show up. Been gone for 3 days now. Just showed up this eav look totally different. all the red is gone they are a very dark gray. Now they are shy acting jumpy they walk around each other with extra caution. They run at the smaller ones and chase them away. Soon I will not see them on a daily basis, because things are a changing. Now the antlers will stop growing and the skin will shed then we can see what they have for real.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Things are a changin - 08/25/14 03:21 AM

Boys will get the hormones pumping soon enough
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Things are a changin - 08/25/14 04:16 AM

Bdotson, you are spot on this! Time of the year right now that things start to kick in and velvet begins to slowly slake off. It is always neat to watch them spar and separate out of bachelor groups getting ready for breeding and determine who's dominate.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Things are a changin - 08/25/14 05:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Ramsey
Boys will get the hormones pumping soon enough

X2
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Things are a changin - 08/25/14 12:49 PM

33 days and it is on...
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Things are a changin - 08/26/14 04:50 AM

10 more minutes and it'll be 32 days
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Things are a changin - 08/26/14 04:30 PM

32 days and counting
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Things are a changin - 08/26/14 05:01 PM

Less than 20 days for me and counting
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Things are a changin - 08/26/14 05:06 PM

I love this time of year, but just like last year, I'm certain my buck is about to up and vanish like a fart in the wind.

And to my knowledge, I have no pics of him finished out this year. He didn't hit feeders, though I saw him live a couple times very close to my feeder.
Posted By: bdotson

Re: Things are a changin - 08/31/14 02:20 AM

And just as I thought all the velvet is now gone from the hard horns in less than one week. I now see a few different deer and in different numbers. I guess things are just changing..
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Things are a changin - 08/31/14 03:44 AM

Nebraska bow season starts on Sept 1st! 2 days baby!!!!!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum