Texas Hunting Forum

Hypothetical ?

Posted By: ACKHNTR

Hypothetical ? - 08/19/14 12:27 AM

Say its the first week of bow season and these two bucks walk out together, which one would you be more inclined to shoot and why? Would you shoot either? All for fun, just curious what majority would do.
I think "clean 8" is done growing and the other buck "Holyfield" still has some left to go. lets hear it boys!

Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Hypothetical ? - 08/19/14 12:31 AM

I'm waiting for "Dandy" grin

Re: Hypothetical ? - 08/19/14 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: goodoboy
I think "clean 8" is done growing and the other buck "Holyfield" still has some left to go. lets hear it boys!

So where is "Tyson"

Re: Hypothetical ? - 08/19/14 12:33 AM

Honestly I would probably shoot the 8 first and hope the other adds some tine length to those 4's next year!
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Hypothetical ? - 08/19/14 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: dlrz71
Honestly I would probably shoot the 8 first and hope the other adds some tine length to those 4's next year!
i like this plan.
Posted By: ACKHNTR

Re: Hypothetical ? - 08/19/14 01:03 AM

I'm waiting for "Dandy" grin

Dandy will always come first! This is in a different county, so essentially I have the best of both worlds!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Hypothetical ? - 08/19/14 01:30 AM

Depends on how many bucks I can kill on this lease grin
Posted By: BigBucky2014

Re: Hypothetical ? - 08/20/14 04:23 AM

Also depends on the quality of the lease. There are places I've hunted where either deer would be a significant trophy, but I would shoot either on my lease this year as there are bigger deer and we are trying to manage for trophies. Also depends if these are deer you are familiar with from past years and if you know thier history - i.e. was the 8pt the same as last year or is he still growing.

Great question. It always gets my blood flowing this time of year to see bucks on my game camera. smile
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Hypothetical ? - 08/20/14 04:38 AM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum