Texas Hunting Forum

Texas Trophy Hunters Show

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Texas Trophy Hunters Show - 08/16/14 02:54 PM

I just can't bring myself to drive to Ft Worth today to hassle with the un godly crowds. You guys have fun give me an update and let me know if Joe Martin gets bit by one of his rattlers !!!
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Texas Trophy Hunters Show - 08/16/14 06:59 PM

Me neither. It's pretty much the same ol' same ol'. I go about once every 5 years or so just so I can see if there's anything new....
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Texas Trophy Hunters Show - 08/16/14 07:41 PM

Just got back and you didn't miss out. Too much of the same thing. High dollar hunts, stands, golfcarts and ice chests. Used to kick off hunting season with a trip to the Show but this was probably the last one for me.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Texas Trophy Hunters Show - 08/16/14 07:50 PM

I went yesterday and found what I was looking for. I bought a feeder unit with "The Timer". Got tired of cheap units years ago and try to buy the best now. Best place to find "the best" is the TTHA show and they aint that much more expensive than the cheap stuff.

If you are going to buy a unit out there with "The Timer" go to the West Texas Feeder Supply booth first. Bet they can save you $10 on one purchased at the show. wink
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Texas Trophy Hunters Show - 08/16/14 08:21 PM

I was there this morning before crowds got too bad. I have never been to the show so it was something new to me. I will agree most of the stuff in there isn't marked down that much if at all.

I am sure the show gets really outrageous when Kendall Jones is there grin
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Texas Trophy Hunters Show - 08/16/14 08:42 PM

Wife and I just got back. Nice to get in free with ret Mil ID, they even let my wife in free too. Still $10 parking is a little steep. Got there around noon and it was a zoo. Too many people packed in. Didn't buy anything except a margarita for the wife. Saw the Pigman at his booth. Will go next year only if I'm looking for a feeder or the like.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum