Texas Hunting Forum

AR Question

Posted By: skidmore88

AR Question - 09/13/08 02:06 AM

I know this topic has been covered before but I've always skipped over it because it didn't pertain to me until recently. I'm going to hunt on a new place that has ARs. I can read...but what I read isn't what I understood AR to mean. And the language seems to speak from both ends.

The field book (Wilson Co)reads : "Buck bag limit: 2, to include no more than one with an inside spread of 13 inches or greater. A legal buck deer is a deer having at least one unbranched antler, or an inside spread of 13 inches or greater. The inside spread requirement does not apply to any buck having an unbranched antler."

1. Does that mean only one can have a spread over 13 and they can both be under 13?

Or

2. Do both have to be over 13?

Or

3. (this is the one I think it is) One has to be over 13 and the other can only be an unbranched?

Posted By: helomech

Re: AR Question - 09/13/08 02:25 AM

It means you can shoot 2 bucks, one with one unbranched antler (spike, 3 point) and one with both antlers branched but with an inside mearsurement of at least 13 inches. The spike does not have to measure 13 inches.

Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: AR Question - 09/13/08 02:32 AM

Quote:

It means you can shoot 2 bucks, one with one unbranched antler (spike, 3 point) and one with both antlers branched but with an inside mearsurement of at least 13 inches. The spike does not have to measure 13 inches.

DITTO.

Posted By: skidmore88

Re: AR Question - 09/13/08 02:58 AM

OK...thanks for the feedback. I think I'm squared up on this one...

Posted By: helomech

Re: AR Question - 09/13/08 03:01 AM

Glad we could help. Good luck.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum