Texas Hunting Forum

1st time for having a deer lease

Posted By: ffrontino6

1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 01:24 AM

this is my 1st time for getting on a deer lease, don't really have much to start (such as type of feeders, stands, game cams) any suggestions on anything???
I really don't know how to get started
Posted By: BowSlayer

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 01:28 AM

welcome

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 01:30 AM

haha!! thanks for the guidance! oh and another thing! not trying to be a cheap, but trying to get suggestions on a cheaper way to get started would be nice

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 01:33 AM

I can hook you up with a cheap feeder. grin If you want a cheap blind to start you can always just buy a pop up blind.

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 01:35 AM

really now? how much we talking?? I am thinking about it, or seeing if my dad can get a good one built for cheap. who knows really... got a lot to think about with it.. excited to get on a roll
Posted By: Never missed

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 01:36 AM

I will sell u my pop up blind I bought it from academy. For 100 I can sell it for 60 looking to get a different one any ways.

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 01:37 AM

Where is ur lease?

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By: ffrontino6
really now? how much we talking?? I am thinking about it, or seeing if my dad can get a good one built for cheap. who knows really... got a lot to think about with it.. excited to get on a roll

I have the barrels and leg bracket kits and I think a few timers laying around. All you would have to buy is some pipe or conduit for legs and a lid for it.

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 01:53 AM

what kind of blind do you got? what is the condition of it??
there is @ properties to this lease, one is in Gordon tx (all game is fair game) bettie tx is the other property (some deer, hog, and dove hunt)
*bowslayer, how much is it gonna cost me to get it up and ready? you gonna donate to my "poor hunter" fund (those parts) or selling them? smile

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 01:56 AM

I think he's hooking u up. I believe it's called ameri something back strap is the model. I used it one deer season probably 5 times cuz I have a real blind also. It's in good condition. It's missing steaks but its one of the only ones that has a floor too.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 02:00 AM

Ameristep

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 02:02 AM

Yea that's it.

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 02:09 AM

cool guys! appreciate that, im gonna do some more digging around, and get back to ya on that!
thanks for helpin me out... I signed up for this forum about 30 min ago! yall already helped me out

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: ffrontino6
what kind of blind do you got? what is the condition of it??
there is @ properties to this lease, one is in Gordon tx (all game is fair game) bettie tx is the other property (some deer, hog, and dove hunt)
*bowslayer, how much is it gonna cost me to get it up and ready? you gonna donate to my "poor hunter" fund (those parts) or selling them? smile

Won't cost you a dime. cheers
Posted By: Seadog

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 06:47 AM

Welcome to the forum!!!
Posted By: DocBailey

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 02:11 PM

welcome You figured out real quick that all of us are here to share ideas and help each other!
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: DocBailey
welcome You figured out real quick that all of us are here to share ideas and help each other!
I believe this is true. Just don't ask which is better, High fence vs low fence, 30.06 vs 270, Antler restrictions etc. stir Oh yeah, welcome
Posted By: txhunter1010

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
I believe this is true. Just don't ask which is better, High fence vs low fence, 30.06 vs 270, Antler restrictions etc. stir Oh yeah, welcome
Posted By: Jlambe

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: txhunter1010

How about a medium fence vs low fence? I mean just high enough to make the deer think that maybe don't want to jump it but if they really want to they can. I am just playing haha

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 07:45 PM

Oh ya???? You coming down with your wife this week?? You got the whole set up for a feeder??

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 07:48 PM

Sweet! Looking foward to the forums!! Thanks
Posted By: Dadsaid

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 08:05 PM

Welcome to the forum
Posted By: DocBailey

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 09:05 PM

Didn't you mean .243 vs 7mm-08? smile

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 11:23 PM

hahaha appreciate it! texas

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/13/13 11:26 PM

Ameristep Backstrap Hub-Style Blind Combo....
been looking at them.. that the one? or is it another?

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/14/13 04:45 AM

I don't no the combo part? It doesn't have a chair if that's the combo part.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: 1st time for having a deer lease - 03/14/13 01:24 PM

Welcome!
Invest in a game camera first. See what you got coming around. That's the first thing I did on my new property. Once I found what was coming in it's been an endless trip to the sporting goods store.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum