Texas Hunting Forum

Deer Business?

Posted By: Legion

Deer Business? - 03/03/13 09:08 PM

Anyone here on the forum have a business that makes products for deer hunting (stands, decoys, calls, scents, etc.)? Some of the work I use to do and sorta still do involved coming up with ideas, reverse engineering, etc. With my passion for hunting, I've come up with a lot of good ideas and marketable products, but don't know where to start as far as the business end of things, so was looking for advice from someone experienced. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Big Tony

Re: Deer Business? - 03/03/13 09:21 PM

Remember one thing about the Deer and Hunting business, hunting seasons will be your busiest time of year. Between me being a hobby knife maker and my wife working for a taxidermist, we've lost about 75% of our valuable hunting time together.
Posted By: Legion

Re: Deer Business? - 03/03/13 10:50 PM

Good point. I always wondered how people like the Lenkoskys', Drury's, etc ever get time to really enjoy hunting since they seem like they are always on the road, filming hunts, doing appearances, etc.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Deer Business? - 03/04/13 01:05 AM

Being on the rd is fun if there's a hunt @ the end of the drives.
Posted By: madhatr02

Re: Deer Business? - 03/04/13 01:23 AM

Once your hobby becomes your job, it isn't a hobby anymore it is work. I try and keep what I enjoy and what keeps food on the table seperate so that when I need an escape I have a hobby to turn to no back to work.

Don't get my wrong I LOVE my job, but is nice to have something to turn too, when I need a break or to relax.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum