Texas Hunting Forum

What scent control clothes do you wear?

Posted By: Furrow Outdoors

What scent control clothes do you wear? - 11/29/11 01:36 PM

There are so many different scent control companies out there right now, which company do you like the most?

Posted By: TxAg

Re: What scent control clothes do you wear? - 11/29/11 02:42 PM

None. I like the wind, particularly when it's in my face. Just my $.02.

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: What scent control clothes do you wear? - 11/29/11 03:06 PM

Another way to sell more junk to people that don't need it... I agree wiht TxAg.

Posted By: justbreezin

Re: What scent control clothes do you wear? - 11/29/11 03:11 PM

I personally dont wear any of it either. The only thing I have used is the spray. Its cheap and I believe it works.

Posted By: txshntr

Re: What scent control clothes do you wear? - 11/29/11 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: TxAg

X2

Posted By: Cavscout1968

Re: What scent control clothes do you wear? - 11/29/11 03:41 PM

I wear the Tek4 base layers and if needed the thermal underware. I use Scent-lok for my socks, boots, face mask, both hats(baseball style and knit for cold weather) and jacket. I wash them in Scent-free detergent with a fresh earth fabric softener. They are stored in a plastic tub with the bottom lined with cedar branches or fairly fresh cut pine chunks. When I take them to the field they are moved in a Scent-loc bag with a few fresh earth scented discs inside it.

I do this and play the wind as much as I can. I believe in using all and any advatages I can get.

Posted By: TxAg

Re: What scent control clothes do you wear? - 11/29/11 03:54 PM

I should add that I will use scent-free deodorant and wash with scent-free soap. IMO, scent-control clothing VS controlling your "urban stink" are a bit different. But the wind/thermals still trumps all.

Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: What scent control clothes do you wear? - 11/29/11 04:09 PM

If I am in a box blind or a pop-up I wear a brown Carhartt and my Blue Jeans with my everyday work boots. If I am up my ladder stand I wear some fleece camo with a spray down of that 99% scent killer but the wind is all that really matters.

Posted By: waddy

Re: What scent control clothes do you wear? - 11/29/11 04:31 PM

I use campfire smoke for my clothes and Grizzly snuff for my breath.

Posted By: smackindoes

Re: What scent control clothes do you wear? - 11/29/11 05:42 PM

spray only!!

Posted By: JCB

Re: What scent control clothes do you wear? - 11/29/11 06:10 PM

No scent control clothes for me. It has been proven that to reactivate the carbon in these clothes you would have to heat them to a tempature well beyond what any clothes dryer on the market is capable of. In fact you would have to heat the clothes up so hot that it would destroy the garment before the carbon could be reactivated like they claim.

Posted By: Fearlss

Re: What scent control clothes do you wear? - 11/29/11 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
Originally Posted By: TxAg

X2

x5

Posted By: retfuz

Re: What scent control clothes do you wear? - 11/29/11 09:27 PM

Big time waste of money. Your face emits odor and every time you exhale your odor hits the wind. Save your money and position your stand/s so you can hunt downwind from the feeder. If you're still hunting, keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back when possible. Let the rookies spend their money on the useless gadgets. The economy needs them.

Posted By: RICK O'SHAY

Re: What scent control clothes do you wear? - 11/29/11 09:39 PM

I wear clothes I washed with my every day clothes. I wear them for a couple of days even after sitting around the campfire or smoker and I smoke in the stand while hunting. I have no problem seeing as many or more deer than the other guys on the lease... some of them buy all the scent control stuff and some don't.

I think hunting and fishing stuff are made more to sell than to actually help you get game...

Posted By: scattergun

Re: What scent control clothes do you wear? - 11/29/11 09:48 PM

No think to it. It's a scam.

Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: What scent control clothes do you wear? - 11/29/11 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Cavscout1968
I believe in using all and any advatages I can get.

Great quote. I am very meticulous in my scent control. I wear Under Armor as a base layer if needed. I have a couple of different Scent Blocker suits that I will wear depending on the weather. I use Dead Down Wind body wash, clothes wash, deodorant, spray, foam, etc. But I also hunt the MidWest where the deer are a lot different. In TX, the deer dont get as spooky with scent but if I can gain a 1% advantage on a mature buck then it is all worth it to me.

Posted By: Lazy L

Re: What scent control clothes do you wear? - 11/29/11 09:59 PM

I wear a box blind, works everytime.

Posted By: Don Dial

Re: What scent control clothes do you wear? - 12/01/11 04:12 PM

None..don't shoot sticks...but have killed deer close enough to
touch them with a rifle...Had about 200 walk within 4 ft of me
setting on the ground behind a wood rail gate one time in Batesville at the Rafter S Ranch during a drought...DD

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum