Texas Hunting Forum

Word to the wise

Posted By: fishingbigjim

Word to the wise - 11/06/11 04:58 AM

First let me say OPPS. Went out on Friday morning and saw two 8’s, one 6, a spike, 7 doe, and 5 yearlings. Had a great hunt even though I couldn’t take a shot with the bow, here is where I get dumb. I left around 10:30 and headed home to get some corn for the feeder, it ran out. Well when I get back I fill the feeder and put out some sent wicks to bring in the big bucks, yea right. I head to Denton get my grandson for opening day of gun season. Head out this morning and get in the stand an hour before sun up. Have 1 doe and 2 yearlings all morning. So I know something is up. Have pics of deer every morning and hunted the set before. What did I do to mess this up, filled the feeder and wicks. Well I have filled the feeder in the past and it never hurt it before. Had deer coming in when I was driving off. Must be the wicks I put up. So on the way out I took the wicks down and hoped the deer would show up tonight. Well they did 4 doe and 3 yearlings no bucks and all the deer were not happy about the smell in the air. No I didn’t take one; it was too dark to shoot. So all I can say is don’t buy and stay away from all that crap out at Wal-Mart just let Mother Nature do her thing.

Posted By: sportsman

Re: Word to the wise - 11/06/11 12:06 PM

up

Posted By: fishingbigjim

Re: Word to the wise - 11/06/11 02:24 PM

It's raining a little in Jack County. Thank God. It will wash all the sent away.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum