Texas Hunting Forum

Saw my first signs of rut action yesterday! We are getting close!

Posted By: CleerCreekDC

Saw my first signs of rut action yesterday! We are getting close! - 11/02/11 01:57 PM

It was a pretty slow evening yesterday then about 30 minutes before dark I here some rustling and crashing in the woods. I was thinking pigs... So I told my buddy to get the camera ready regardless. Well outsteps a yearling and a doe and they came into eat.... and then out steps an absolute bruiser of a buck. Not the most impressive rack wise but fully mature, roman nose, neck swollen, monster body 8 point with trash all over his bases. Made up about 60 yards towards the does in a second and chased her around for about 7 minutes within 30-80 yards of me. He didnt care if I grunted or not he only had one thing on his mind..... I cancelled my plans this evening to go get after him again. We shall see.

Its getting close and happy hunting!

Posted By: Enter Standman

Re: Saw my first signs of rut action yesterday! We are getting close! - 11/02/11 02:02 PM

Sweet, I can tell this is going to be the longest 3 days of my life. Can't wait till Saturday.

Posted By: jason237m

Re: Saw my first signs of rut action yesterday! We are getting close! - 11/02/11 04:10 PM

Where are you hunting?

Posted By: CleerCreekDC

Re: Saw my first signs of rut action yesterday! We are getting close! - 11/02/11 04:46 PM

North Texas

Posted By: TJ Goodpasture

Re: Saw my first signs of rut action yesterday! We are getting close! - 11/02/11 06:55 PM

I had a pretty nice 8 point chasing a doe Monday evening in Rusk county. Looks like it should be a good weekend.

Posted By: JDShellnut

Re: Saw my first signs of rut action yesterday! We are getting close! - 11/02/11 07:02 PM

moose Get him buddy

Posted By: B_B_D

Re: Saw my first signs of rut action yesterday! We are getting close! - 11/02/11 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Enter Standman
Sweet, I can tell this is going to be the longest 3 days of my life. Can't wait till Saturday.

X2 eek

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum