Texas Hunting Forum

Well, crap...

Posted By: JJSeabrook

Well, crap... - 10/31/11 08:58 PM

I had an aunt that passed away about 6 weeks ago. She was cremated and they put off the memorial service until when? Opening day at 6:00 p.m.. That sucks! My Dad and I may attend in camo. One week earlier, or heck, even a week later woulda been better but OPENING DAY????? 1 p.m. opening day woulda even worked. Goodbye evening hunt.

Don't get me wrong...I loved my aunt, and love her family, but Damn!

JJ moose

Posted By: RedSnake

Re: Well, crap... - 10/31/11 08:59 PM

Sorry bout your aunt AND your hunt.

Posted By: T4PL

Re: Well, crap... - 10/31/11 09:04 PM

Sucks about the timing but don't miss the service to go hunting. Bad karma.

Re: Well, crap... - 10/31/11 09:33 PM

Thanks! And yes, I'll be there. Just wish it was a different weekend.

JJ

Posted By: eastex

Re: Well, crap... - 11/01/11 01:06 PM

I feel ur pain my sister is getting married at 5:00 PM on saturday.

Re: Well, crap... - 11/01/11 01:54 PM

You obviously weren't in on the planning either. LOL Oh well. I'm planning to sit in the stand from morning to as late as I can in the afternoon. Deer are still moving throughout the day at my place so I'll still get a good hunt in Saturday. Hope you have a great hunt.

JJ

Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Well, crap... - 11/01/11 02:16 PM

Well it's good your close enough to where you hunt that you can make the morning hunt. I don't think I have ever missed an opening weekend of deer gun season in my adult life from the time I owned a deer rifle.

Re: Well, crap... - 11/01/11 03:10 PM

Only about 25 minutes from camp to Wichita Falls so even with having to take a shower and change I can probably hunt til about 4:00 - 4:30. My daughter, on the other hand, will probably have to leave about noon. LOL

Posted By: passthru

Re: Well, crap... - 11/01/11 03:16 PM

Kill a big un opening morning and you will be happy to be there.

Posted By: TCB

Re: Well, crap... - 11/01/11 03:32 PM

My wife threw out the first weekend of November for our wedding date. I told her that would be fine, but don't count on me being home for our anniversary. I did have to give up a weekend in bow season, but it's not opening weekend.

Re: Well, crap... - 11/01/11 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: TCB
My wife threw out the first weekend of November for our wedding date. I told her that would be fine, but don't count on me being home for our anniversary. I did have to give up a weekend in bow season, but it's not opening weekend.

LOL Yah, that would have been a lifetime of punishment on opening weekend, and grounds for divorce.

JJ

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum