Texas Hunting Forum

Sealy to Gonzales

Posted By: dusten01

Sealy to Gonzales - 10/24/11 03:56 PM

Any of y'all hunt in that area?

Posted By: FiftySix

Re: Sealy to Gonzales - 10/25/11 02:39 PM

I'm just south of Gonzales in Yoakum. But this is just my second year to hunt, so I'm not sure I can add any more. I did take a buck last year (my first) on the second weekend. We have two feeders in place and there are deer. I have not "seen" a buck yet, but we'll be putting trail cams in this weekend. BTW - the feeder was only in place for a day before the deer found it...

Posted By: TxBuck

Re: Sealy to Gonzales - 10/25/11 02:58 PM

I hunt south of Smiley,took some decent deer last year so far not many deer. But they put a rig down from us and its constant traffic up & down the co rd. Lot of racoons too they are messing up cameras, won't be able to go down til opening weekend.

Posted By: FiftySix

Re: Sealy to Gonzales - 10/25/11 03:18 PM

We have a rig going in as well, about 1/2 a mile to the north west of our property. It doesn't seem to affect the does, but as I mentioned - I haven't seen a buck yet. Lots of traffic up and down the roads here as well.

Re: Sealy to Gonzales - 10/25/11 03:24 PM

I was thinking about trying to find a lease out around that area, Im just not able to drive to Rocksprings anymore and I just can not tolerate hunting in east TX, I've been spoiled. Any idea where I could find info on getting on a lease out there? I do realize it will be hard to find one now but definetly looking for next year.

Re: Sealy to Gonzales - 10/25/11 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: dusten01
I was thinking about trying to find a lease out around that area, Im just not able to drive to Rocksprings anymore and I just can not tolerate hunting in east TX, I've been spoiled. Any idea where I could find info on getting on a lease out there? I do realize it will be hard to find one now but definetly looking for next year.

To find one anytime of the year in this area is tough.

Re: Sealy to Gonzales - 10/25/11 04:49 PM

TxBuck -
How would be a good way of going about finding a place over that way?

Do you happen to know anyone over there I might could talk to?

Posted By: huntandfish

Re: Sealy to Gonzales - 10/25/11 07:12 PM

That oilfield traffic is crazy from halletsville to mexico! That eagleford shale is a heck of a boom! Couldnt believe encinal had a strip joint open up!

Re: Sealy to Gonzales - 10/25/11 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: huntandfish
That oilfield traffic is crazy from halletsville to mexico! That eagleford shale is a heck of a boom! Couldnt believe encinal had a strip joint open up!

Yeah, but it sucks our little co rd used to see know traffic. Now its all day & night back & fourth 18wheelers. vans, trucks, tons of people!!

Re: Sealy to Gonzales - 10/25/11 07:18 PM

TxBuck -

All I can tell you is your gonna have to get out there & beat the bush and use all avenues of finding a lease, and have your money in hand. Good Luck

Posted By: Curtis

Re: Sealy to Gonzales - 10/25/11 07:23 PM

Pretty much what TxBuck said. I have lived here in Gonzales nearly all of my life. Lots of little places to hunt. The trouble is usually tons of hunting pressure even with the AR. Kind of the reason my family and I put up our high fence in the first place just so I would have a place for my kids to hunt.

It would certainly be best to have your money in hand and get it in writing what you agree on.

Re: Sealy to Gonzales - 10/25/11 07:40 PM

Thanks for the advice fellas, looks like I might be looking elsewhere.

Re: Sealy to Gonzales - 10/26/11 04:57 PM

TxBuck -

Craigslist, Karnes Co 100ac $4200/$1500 a 3guns. Good Luck

Posted By: ccreyeder

Re: Sealy to Gonzales - 10/26/11 09:20 PM

I grew up in Gonzales, parents still live there. We have some places around Waelder that we hunt. Was down there for some dove hunting and feeder filling just a couple of weeks ago. Some decent bucks in our area.

Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: Sealy to Gonzales - 10/26/11 09:37 PM

I grew up between gonzales and moulton, and have hunted all around there. As well as a bunch of places south of yoakum.

There are some decent deer down this way, but the giants ae few and far between.

If you need a lease, I cannot help u, I hunt on all of our own land.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum