Texas Hunting Forum

Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum?

Posted By: Tgutie

Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/10/11 05:20 AM

Searching for previous threads on injured deer recovery. A list of folks who can recover deer by county.

Posted By: Hunter30

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/10/11 12:41 PM

Texastrackers.com

Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/10/11 01:34 PM

I found one on here at one point.. Printed it out. However, when I needed them they either didn't want to come out or they wouldn't return the calls. I eventually found the animal on my own.. Figger that is always the way it will be...

Posted By: DSST_Construction

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/10/11 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill
I found one on here at one point.. Printed it out. However, when I needed them they either didn't want to come out or they wouldn't return the calls. I eventually found the animal on my own.. Figger that is always the way it will be...

did they call after you found it? thats how my luck is

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/10/11 03:31 PM

Here is what I got. IDK How many are active but if anyone needs this verse letting one get away. Here you are.
Tony Dixson
817-996-6551
Hunt in Young County, but will go anywhere in north Texas

Dale Love
817-629-1100
Tarrent, Young, Parker and surrounding counties......only cost is fuel and dog food

Micah Hawkins and Gus
940-210-0279 cell
Young, Jack and surrounding counties.

Betty Leek
325-320-3638
325-396-2311
Menard / Ft McKavett area

Tracy Kuykendall
325-450-8102
Matt Kuykendall
325-450-0180
Big Lake and surrounding West Texas

Kurt Felix and Roscoe
903 530 0664
Tyler

Jason Harris and Bridger
903-723-5338 Home
903-724-5384 Cell
Anderson and adjacent counties

David Waters
830-992-2973 Home
830-889-9581 Cell
361-935-6834 Cell
Gillespie and Menard County

Courtney Farris
210-542-7776
North Texas and Llano and surrounding counties.

Jeff Prater (Trapper and Roscoe)
214-914-3583
Brown County

JL Chasteen
325-642-6344
Brown County

Kevin Breaux
Tracking since 2000'
Cell# 254-394-0452
Lampasas, Coryell, and Bell Counties

James Willard
940-232-0830
North Central Texas Area
Montague County

Shayne and Ackley
254-723-8302
Central Texas around Waco and Cross Plains.

Matt McWilliams (lives near Brady but WILL travel)
325-456-0773
Central-North-West

Chris Gott and "Aspen"
254-913-8578
Central Texas

Eric and Dekes
936-662-0886
Live in College Station area, hunt outside of Crockett.

Justin Trimble
Zed's tracking Service
830-459-7222
Junction, San Angelo, Ozona, Robert Lee, Brady, Uvadle area

Bryan Keeling and Bowman.
830-966-5185 Home
210-414-1977 cell
Bandera,Real,Kerr and Uvalde.

Brad and SCOUT
830-279-4758
Can travel to the Del Rio area over to the Uvalde area

AJ Minns & Triton
830-238-7675 Home
361-739-3172 Cell
Kerr and surrounding counties

Glen
512-947-3946
Wilco, Travis, Blanco, Kendall
Don’t feel like not calling since it’s a gut shot- my dog loves gut shots more than almost anything else.

Al Shacklett
http://www.TexasDeerTracking.com
Blanco, Hays, Comal, Kendal, Gillespie, Burnet, Llano & Travis County
(512) 680.3456

Steve Wilson
"Dixie/Texlyn"
979-236-3157
979-297-4920
Brazoria, Matagorda, Wharton, Fort Bend Counties

Rob Green and Milo
281-455-7455
Live in Brazoria cnty/ hunt in Schliecher cnty.

Kenny Wall and "Harlee"
281-844-0969
Gonzales and Lavaca Counties

Pat Roebuck
210-862-9564
Live in Wilson County (Floresville), but hunt South Texas, will travel.

Kevin Dubose (lives in Dilley but WILL travel)
830-965-2787
South

Robbie Hurt (lives near Dilley but WILL travel)
830-965-3290
South

Jerry Gonzalez
Webb County

Roy Hindes
830 277-1508 hm
830 570-2220 mobile
South Texas

Russell Bradley
(361)675-6302
Lance & Hank
Kleberg, Nueces, San Patricio, Jim Wells & Brooks

Tony Gutierrez
(817)320-7336
Zapata and surrounding Counties

Posted By: pokerj2

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/10/11 03:44 PM

You can call the local GW too

Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/10/11 06:49 PM

I don't think GW have tracking dogs.

Posted By: jeep1074

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/10/11 07:28 PM

I'm no expert when it comes to shooting, but if you gotta call one of them guys I think you should spend a few more hours target practicing.

Posted By: passthru

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/10/11 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: jeep1074
I'm no expert when it cones to shooting, but if you gotta call one of them guys I think you should spend a few more hours target practicing.

Not a bowhunter are we?

Posted By: txshntr

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/10/11 07:29 PM

I'm no expert when it cones to shooting, but if you gotta call one of them guys I think you should spend a few more hours target practicing.

Nope, you are no expert whip

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/10/11 08:09 PM

Yea I bow hunt. All I'm saying is a little practice goes along way both gun and archery. I feel it gives me more confidence when I need it the most. I know shooting paper and shooting at a live animals are two different things, but that's all the more reason to practice.

Posted By: txshntr

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/10/11 08:11 PM

Yea I bow hunt. All I'm saying is a little practice goes along way both gun and archery. I feel it gives me more confidence when I need it the most. I know shooting paper and shooting at a live animals are two different things, but that's all the more reason to practice.

I agree with you, practice is the most important thing but sometimes the best shooter's have problems...like you said, shooting paper is different than an animal. Sometimes a shot that felt and looked good, doesn't turn out as deadly as it seemed. cheers

Posted By: BowSlayer

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/10/11 08:27 PM

I'm no expert when it comes to shooting, but if you gotta call one of them guys I think you should spend a few more hours target practicing.

You should not have said that. You will lose the next animal you shoot now..lol Happens every time!

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/10/11 09:29 PM

That would be my luck.

Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/10/11 09:36 PM

what is the deal with Oklahoma and Kansas not allowing blood trackers? I can understand not using dogs to hunt big game, but not to recover?

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/11/11 01:31 AM

Jeep1074, Things happen.
IDK Why. But if someone here is in the position of not being able to recover injured deer. This is avenue u would have to agree is a better route then making no more efforts. Many people realy appreciate the art and skill of these dogs.
Its a thing to experience.
IMO the more ethical thing to do.

Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/11/11 02:18 AM

Dale Love, the second one on the list tracked one for me 2 days in a row year before last. His dog is amazing. Tracked a deer a mile and a half with no blood that we could see after 10 yds. Amazing to watch anyway, better be in shape to keep up.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/11/11 02:35 AM

No body ever makes a mistake nor does an animals stay perfectly still..

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/11/11 02:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
what is the deal with Oklahoma and Kansas not allowing blood trackers? I can understand not using dogs to hunt big game, but not to recover?

Add Colorado to that list also

Posted By: JohnRussell

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/11/11 10:26 AM

Wow.. did not know you could call someone. I think the longest I ever spent tracking a deer was about 3-4 hours. Some guy had gut shot a doe and man.. took me to the mat trying to find it. By the time I located it, I was so hot that I had my camo coveralls around my waist and was unable to grab my pistol to take her down when I came around a bush, so she got away. By that time the blood had dried up. Learned my lesson.. next time, take the dang coveralls off.

R

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/11/11 01:34 PM

Not sure if Steve Zerr in Hondo/Dhanis still uses his dogs to blood trail but if he does he needs to be on this list. He has always had some very good dogs. I know some people that have used him and he is very good. I have used Little Roy and Quatro Hindes and there are none better. I have a friend who has used Matt McWilliams and he is very good in the Brady area. I believe Matt's dog found a deer up off the ground about 6 feet in a cedar tree a couple of years back. Funny story.

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/11/11 01:37 PM

Send me marts contact info.. need to stick on the frig at my buddy's ranch

Posted By: JonesFisher

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/12/11 01:24 PM

Just to raise the question, if you did wound a deer and were unable to recover it, would you use your tag? It did take a wildlife resource off the map, so is it ok to keep the tag?

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/12/11 03:22 PM

Refer to TPW for legal questions.
But non recovered animals would not be tagged. Now, multiple non recovered animals will get you banned from a property in many cases.

Posted By: JonesFisher

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/12/11 10:52 PM

so I refered to tpw what about moral questions?

Posted By: jcoutdoors

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/13/11 01:07 AM

+1 on using every legal avenue available to recover a wounded animal

Not every good archer is a good blood tracker, some guys have great eyes for trailing blood and others can't see well at all, I am somewhere in the middle.

Tracking wounded deer is an art that is developed only through the process of tracking wounded deer. If you have new hunters or young future hunters in camp you should get them involved in the tracking to build there knowlege and confidence for the future. Even if you have already retrieved the deer you should take them on a blood trailing exercise.

Also if you have ever seen one of these dogs perform you will be amazed, there was a red bone hound in one of my previous camps that would run a wounded deer until it died or was totally exhausted. She would lay on top of the deer until you got there to recover it, no way you could keep up.

Posted By: Team By-God

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/13/11 02:42 PM

how much are the fees for these services??? just curious..

Posted By: Monkee

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/13/11 09:25 PM

I had a buddy have one tracked on our lease last year. they looked all day never found the deer and 750.00 lighter in the pocket book. They tracked the deer for 3-4 miles through heavy brush and into wide open pastures no sign of the deer yet. Be careful who you call and what they SAY they can do. The deer was found 2 days later 400 yards from where he was shot still on our lease.

Posted By: 4K outdoors and taxidermy

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/14/11 02:15 AM

how much are the fees for these services??? just curious

Fees vary, from handler to handler, my son.Matt Kuykendall from the list, charges 150 to show, another 150 if found. Some guys do it just for fun, some make a little pocket money and so on. We started charging after a "perfectly shot" 8 pt stomped a mudhole in one of our dogs, our cost is for a vet if needed fund. It's been needed twice in the last 3 years.

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/14/11 11:34 PM

Fees?
Many times fees are going to be base plus mileage so to speak.
The folks I know are at 200 to load the dog in the truck and 150 upon recovery.

Posted By: JDShellnut

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/15/11 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by jeep1074

you should watch this

Posted By: txvarminter

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/17/11 03:17 AM

We have a pup that we are currently working in the Abilene area. This is his first season and he needs practice so I'm not charging this year. Just wanting to make him into a great dog. Anyone that calls this year with an easy trail will be given a discount in the future when they really need us

Steve Freeman
325-201-2442

Posted By: Rowney

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/17/11 03:38 AM

Last time I was in south Texas Hinds was 400. If you paid 4-5 grand for a deer then another 400 to make sure he comes home with you ain't much

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/18/11 03:53 PM

First 3 words were dead on. Spoken from true inexperience right there..

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/18/11 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: DSST_Construction
Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill

did they call after you found it? thats how my luck is

No, still hadn't called. grin

Just glad I found it... up

Posted By: Tmec

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/19/11 12:17 PM

I am not sure if this is a problem to post a link to another forum but here is a link with fees included

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238861

Posted By: longhorn_cop

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/21/11 03:38 AM

Who tagged that waddell/tbone deer?
Guess it was mexico.
Not sure how that works.

Posted By: deewayne2003

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/23/11 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay

For the same reason they dont allow you to spotlight any thing with out a permit, even without a gun. People use it as an excuse to break the law.

In oklahoma spotlighting and every other form of poaching is damn near an organized sport.

Posted By: MarkG

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/26/11 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: txvarminter
We have a pup that we are currently working in the Abilene area. This is his first season and he needs practice so I'm not charging this year. Just wanting to make him into a great dog. Anyone that calls this year with an easy trail will be given a discount in the future when they really need us

Steve Freeman
325-201-2442

I wish I had seen this sooner, I wounded a pig that went in some brush across a fence and I lost a very sparse blood trail that would have been good to train on , but then again you might not have your dog have anything to do with pigs?
I will put your # on my phone, we hunt Abilene and it's youth weekend, that sometimes brings drama.

Posted By: kmon11

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/27/11 02:53 AM

I also have a dog that I have been working with and would not mind getting him some work. I hunt in Eastland and Callahan counties mostly. So far he has found the prize at the end of the blood trails I have shown him including one doe that went about 100 yards. Would have been an easy find but let him do the work.

Kevin
972-567-4591

Posted By: Clint1128

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/29/11 04:17 AM

Today I had a great confident shot on a great 8 this morning from
20 yards .. Drilled him .Arrow hit right behind the shoulder and came through his front chest . Arrow stayed in him .. Followed blood for about 175 yards found the arrow that feel out . After another 100 yards found clots of blood then he jumped went into a 200 acre uncut hay field . 150
Yards into it the blood trail died and needless to say we found no buck . Going to try to look again in the morning .. This is my first deer ever that I've potentially lost and it's a terrible feeling . But we will give it another look at tommorrow .. Sorry to hear about your situatio
Also

Posted By: txvarminter

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/31/11 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: MarkG

Steve Freeman
325-201-2442

I wish I had seen this sooner, I wounded a pig that went in some brush across a fence and I lost a very sparse blood trail that would have been good to train on , but then again you might not have your dog have anything to do with pigs?

No pigs but I would love to come track any deer you shoot. Easy trails are fine just need to get this dog experience. Give me a shout
I will put your # on my phone, we hunt Abilene and it's youth weekend, that sometimes brings drama.

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/04/11 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
I also have a dog that I have been working with and would not mind getting him some work. I hunt in Eastland and Callahan counties mostly. So far he has found the prize at the end of the blood trails I have shown him including one doe that went about 100 yards. Would have been an easy find but let him do the work.

Kevin
972-567-4591

We will be around Cisco and Moran areas this weekend. If someone wants help finding a deer they got some blood trail on let me know. No gurantee or charge just would like to get the dog some work, and help in recovery of deer if we can.

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/05/11 05:42 PM

if your anywhere in south texas and lose a deer i highly recommend the hindes

they found a deer for us last year that went over a mile thru the brush.

Good as gold people too

Posted By: BOONER

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/09/11 06:22 AM

Central Tx Brownwood area Troups recovery. Had a kid on our lease stick a buck on a Monday afternoon and lost him. Complete pass through and one huge pool of blood where he stopped for a few seconds.After that nothing. Waited till next morning and blood trail after the initial shot went no where. Just disappeared into thin air. Call Troup on Wednessday and he brings his dog that afternoon. Long story short his dog is damn good and the buck was found. He did it for tips and gas but notsure on a base price. His # is 1-325-642-5160. Super nice guy. Give him a call if you need him in the Brownwood area.

Posted By: HAWKEYE911

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/12/11 04:00 PM

One of the guys on our lease shot a deer with FMJ last weekend and of course, couldn't find a blood trail anywhere.

Posted By: Bwana83

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/15/11 08:39 PM

I'd say use some common sense depending on your deer herd and what's best for property. If you wound a deer and it would be detrimental to your deer herd to kill another, then wait for next year or at the very least, be a little bit more picky with what you shoot the next go round. You also have to realize a lot of wounded deer simply do not die also. Both deer I tracked during bow season this year, shot by a fellow hunter, have been seen alive and well with a scabed over hole high in the shoulder.

Posted By: Bwana83

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/15/11 08:56 PM

Sorry guys, still figuring this out. "reply" button now noted!

Posted By: DCS

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/17/11 02:00 PM

Not shooting well is not the problem, the problem is when you shoot a deer, it runs off and there is not a single, not even one, drop of blood.

This happen to me this past weekend, I shot an axis in the chest and caught one lung, he was still able to run into the brush. Without a blood trail, he could have went anywhere. I just happen, by shear luck, to find him about 40 yards from where I shot him. Even my dog, which is a pretty good tracker could not catch a scent this time.

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/17/11 09:26 PM

We got a call last night. They had trailed a buck for over quarter mile by blood trail and had bumped him a couple times. Deer was shot aboit 4pm. We got there about 9 and foundmy dog found his second deer a little after 10 not bad for his second deer to be put on. Headed to stand now for myself a little hunting

Posted By: Don Dial

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/18/11 03:19 AM

You fellows all make my case for shooting premium ammo.....I went
to Barnes X Cull Shooting with my 22-250, 308, and 300 Wthby.
But only after I killed several whitetails, Blackbucks, and Axis
with it and found it always exited and left a blood trail. I
killed a meat deer today in Tarpley for my sister. He was about
120 yds walking thru the brush...shot between limbs thru lungs
3in exit hole behind shoulder...Blood trail all 60yds to the
carcass...I figure I spend about .45cents a bullet more using
Barnes....but I've not lost another deer in 4 yrs..Good Hunting
Don Dial, Pipe Creek, Tx

Posted By: tuffbroadhead

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/20/11 02:25 AM

I'm one of the trackers listed on many forums...

My name is Dale Love and I used to have a set of very talented catahoulas that I used to recover animals with for hunters that had issues with recovery. Unfortunatly I had to put one of my dogs down and the other one was stolen a month later so I no longer have a dog to track with.

If you could please remove me from the list of trackers....

Here is a current list of trackers...
Chuck Redden
254-206-0082
254-865-8468
Call for pricing
Central Texas

Kenny Wall
281-844-0969
$100 show/$150 recovery
Galveston County +2 hours/Gonzalez County +2 hours

Dusty Shelhamer
432-517-0387
Fuel +tip
Howard County +150 miles

Ryan Johnson
830-279-3558
Call for pricing
Uvalde County

Robert White
979-571-1131
$100 to show/$200 upon recovery
Brazos/Robertson/Sterling/Glasscock Counties

Trey Hanover
979-255-6073
Brazos/Robertson/Sterling/Glasscock Counties

Mike Socha
432-978-3133
Midland County +surrounding

Mike Fishbeck
361-935-3063
361-645-2345
$300 recovery or no recovery
Goliad County and any surrounding county within reason **Whitetail Only**

Wesley Jennings
361-362-9260
Call for pricing
South Texas

Fred Reyna
830-992-0252
Fuel +$50/hour while on the track
Llano/Mason/Gillespie/San Saba

Michael Chittum
817-401-1161
817-237-7637
Fuel +tip
Tarrant +3 hours

Jeff Bonner
806-662-3357
$150 to track, plus $50 if we find the deer,
and $0.50/mile if it's more than 60 miles from Pampa
Texas Panhandle and south to Cottle County

Roy Hindes III
830-570-2220
830-277-1508
Golden Triangle

Matt McWilliams
325-456-0773
Fuel +tip
Brady +all surrounding areas

Brad Draughon
254-978-2688
$250 to show/$250 upon recovery
Bosque County +surrounding counties

Bryan & Marlo Riley
210-288-0553
Fuel +fee upon recovery
San Antonio +2 hours & Uvalde area

Pat Roebuck
210-862-9564
$150 to show/$150 upon recovery
South Texas

Gene Baker
713-992-4530
Fuel +tip
Conroe +all surrounding areas

Kendall Collier
512-626-1652
$50 +tip for dog
Travis County +surrounding

Betty Leek
325-396-2311
$100 to show/$100 upon recovery
Schleicher County +surrounding

Rick Commander
281-853-7423
350 Webb County +Fulsher area

AJ Minns
830-377-8406
Kerr County +surrounding

Abel Laurel
956-500-4033
$150 in Starr County $150 +Fuel Surrounding counties
Starr/Rio Grande Valley/Jim Hogg/Zapata

Bryan Keeling
210-414-1977 830-966-5185
Fuel
Bandera County + surrounding counties

Jeff Shaffer
817-271-1829
Fuel +$50 upon recovery
Archer County +1 hour

Chris Gott
254-913-8578
Central Texas

Jerry Gonzalez
956-645-2775
Webb County/Laredo Area

Brent Boswell
936-788-4545
Fuel
Legal Counties within 2 Hours of Huntsville

Harvey Lansford
830-456-6361
Call for availability and fees.
Hill Country

John Reed
817-994-3399
325-938-5400
Mills/Brown/San Saba Counties

Paul Coffman
214-289-9741
Fuel +tip
DFW +2 hours/Coleman County on some weekends

Carl Christoph
713-816-5004
$200 to show/$200 upon recovery
Golden Triangle

James Willard
940-232-0830
Fuel +tip
Montague +2 hours

Chris Barrilleaux
281-468-0007
Tip
Splendora +surrounding counties

Troup Bishop
325-642-5160
Brown County +surrounding

Ron Collier
830-275-9150
830-278-2828
$150 to show/$150 upon recovery
Uvalde County +surrounding

Robby Leek
325-656-9474
Tom Green County +surrounding

R. Chambers
254-486-0053
Tip
McLennan County +surrounding

Courtney Farris
214-679-1801
214-244-1329
Fuel +kibble
North Texas

Colby Miller
409-749-4019
$50 upon arrival +fuel
Golden Triangle/Medina +1 hour

Justin Slusher
512-981-5506
Fuel Austin/Round Rock +2 hours

Kevin Laird
832-794-6002
Fuel +tip
Comal +surrounding counties

Glenn Posik
281-740-2255
Fuel +tip
Harris County +3 hours

Bob Davidson
281-703-7676
Fuel +tip
Waller/McCulloch Counties +surrounding

Chris Andrews
409-781-0192
Tip + Fuel
Cherokee/Grimes/Chambers/Galveston/Brazoria +surrounding

Manny Garcia
956-844-5536
$50 +fuel Maverick/Kinney/Dimmit counties

Rob Fuller
201-618-5658
Fuel Harris County +2 hours

Aaron Janssen
361-235-0030
Fuel Jackson County +surrounding

Danny Anderson
979-799-6372 281-536-6988
Fuel Goliad County +2 hours

Forrest Coy
713-857-6298
Fuel +tip Magnolia +3 hours

Ed Lipscomb
713-829-9208
Tip
Legal Counties within 2 hours of Houston, Mason County + 2 hours

Posted By: RocksAndKittens

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/29/11 07:17 PM

Dog tracking is also banned in Nacogdoches. I think the idea behind it is since dog hunting is also banned, it is easier to just ban all use of dogs and ticket everyone with dogs and hunting implements.

I agree that it is a waste though. I think we should do everything we can to recover an animal.

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 12/03/11 04:17 AM

Jojo and I will be out in eastland county this weekend and the next 2 weekends after that. I would like to get him on some more this year but if not I know now he can do the job of finding one.

Good luck to all out hunting and even though we like to work our dogs they are like an insurance policy, hope they are never needed.

Posted By: THETEXAN

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 12/09/11 05:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Clint1128
Today I had a great confident shot on a great 8 this morning from
20 yards .. Drilled him .Arrow hit right behind the shoulder and came through his front chest . Arrow stayed in him .. Followed blood for about 175 yards found the arrow that feel out . After another 100 yards found clots of blood then he jumped went into a 200 acre uncut hay field . 150
Yards into it the blood trail died and needless to say we found no buck . Going to try to look again in the morning .. This is my first deer ever that I've potentially lost and it's a terrible feeling . But we will give it another look at tommorrow .. Sorry to hear about your situatio
Also
Clint I hit a doe this evening and going back in the morning to find her. I knoe how Ya feel !

Posted By: hensonjd

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 12/23/11 06:00 AM

I have a PUP in leon county I would like to work. Shoot me text or give me a call at 9033900243 if you have a decent trail.

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 01/11/12 07:01 PM

k

Psssshhhhh

Posted By: Jpepper

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 01/13/12 04:48 PM

Just noticed this thread but I've got a couple of tracking dogs in Delta county if anybody needs some work done just shoot me a message or call 4696821567.

Posted By: OIFbowhunter

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 01/19/12 06:05 PM

We are all Deer Finders..LOL.

Posted By: deerdude2000

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 02/08/12 05:14 AM

Steve Freeman
325-201-2442

HOPE YOUR BETTER AT FINDING DEER THEN YOU ARE COYOTES!!! LOL

Posted By: kamolaw

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 02/16/12 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: JonesFisher
Just to raise the question, if you did wound a deer and were unable to recover it, would you use your tag? It did take a wildlife resource off the map, so is it ok to keep the tag?

Dont see a need to beat the ethics drum... I am allowed 5 deer by Texas statutes but have only taken five deer limit during two seasons and have been deer hunting for 36 deer seasons...so yes I keep the tag after exhausting every effort to recover the deer. I process my deer for my family and we eat em all. I have been fortunate and have lost three deer during 36 seasons. Saddened me greatly, two to a bow, one to rifle, recovery effort spanned two days on each, but kept on hunting...but I respect your opinion if you want to tag a lost deer but I cant eat a tag... cheers

Posted By: smith2

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 03/09/12 11:26 AM

Awesome information shared.

Posted By: Patwski

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 05/16/12 08:44 PM

If any one down in South Texas you can call Wade Rhodes out of George West. Has a good dog and pretty reasonable.

Posted By: Garthman

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 07/26/12 03:32 AM

When my pup gets a litttle older me and him will be a team.

Posted By: txbowhunter75

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 08/01/12 01:33 AM

well really its not to hard to make or train a good tracking dog of your very own. I have a friend that raises and trains cur dogs for deer tracking. im just really glad ive never had to use one and i do bow hunt. As i also practice everyday for 3 months before season and during season

Posted By: Paralax22

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 08/10/12 08:15 PM

Good luck

Posted By: Navasot

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 08/10/12 08:32 PM

Anyone ever need help in south western leon northern madison or southeastern robertson can give me a shout...i dnt gota dog but they wouldnt be able to keep up anyway

Posted By: froghunter

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 08/15/12 01:52 AM

i got a dog this year and have been doing ALOT of training with her. hope to try her out this year. i live in brazos county and would be willng to help out just to get her some experience.

Posted By: TakeMeLord

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 08/15/12 11:11 AM

in the list, you end the trackers name with a number. Some got a "3" some got a "2" some got a "1"

What does the number mean??

Posted By: kodi allen

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 08/22/12 01:06 AM

Oklahoma doesn't allow dogs because a boy was shot while running deer with dogs years ago, they link the two and do not allow dogs in any aspect of deer hunting here at all. Hope that changes, but any one that says they will never lose a deer, really. There are two types of people that will never lose a deer in the woods liars and the ones that talk about hunting but never hunt.

Posted By: DocJatTTU

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 09/12/12 04:24 PM

I have had a couple jump the string on me and end up with a less than quick kill. Its always a shame when it causes prolonged suffering. Ethical hunters always strive to kill quickly and clean but things happen. I applaud you for making the attempt to recover wounded animals.
Posted By: Don Dial

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/07/12 12:24 PM

My hunting buddy and I spent a day last wk cleaning 3 Axis bucks
that his friend killed in Bandera..he shot 4, and wounded and lost one even with the helo...He shoots more animals than probably any 10 people who hunt all the time and still loses one.
But, I'd bet he doesn't go to the range and practice..with a rifle shooter that is more important than his/her equiptment..It
doesn't matter what you hunt, but being able to hit the animal in
a manner that kills and also being able to withhold a shot is very important..I understand he shot at running animals..Most folks I've hunted with/guided have a problem not shooting..DD
Posted By: nice shot

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/30/12 02:34 AM

Anyone in the CC / Kingsville area, feel free to PM me. I'd like to get my girl Bailey on another animal to track.

She got on a pig quick last time, just a little skiddish since it wasnt dead.
Posted By: amcalister

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/30/12 04:20 PM

Anyone have a dog in the Ellis county area?

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/30/12 10:47 PM

Originally Posted By: amcalister
Anyone have a dog in the Ellis county area?

If it is where I can make it out Ellis is not too far. In Eastland county hunting now. Do you need assistance?
Posted By: pb&j5279

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/09/12 03:27 PM

Thanks fo rthe info
Posted By: Backwoods

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/12/12 02:57 AM

I need some help from my brothers here on the board.. I shot a big bodied spike near Texas Motor Speedway and have tracked it for 3 hours. Have great blood but still no luck. Does anyone have a dog that they can bring out tonight to help me find this deer. I will cover all fuel so that this harvest does not go to the coyotes. Shot him with a rage 2 blade. Please contact me ASAP if u can help. 817-888-5103.. Thanks in advance, Cody
Posted By: Satch

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/21/12 11:23 PM

rwmcountry.com good friend of mine
Posted By: hoolihanhats

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/24/12 08:24 PM

Dustin Miller I live on a ranch on the sterling, coke, and tom green county line. I have a bloodhound. $50 to show up $100 trophy fee.
Posted By: tboyde

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/28/12 06:08 PM

Trophy Trackers
Wounded game Recovery
903-654-3788
Stan Farmer
Located in navarro county, and serving surrounding areas.
Posted By: mlow

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/30/12 01:40 AM

Posted By: AlysonM

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 12/05/12 03:31 AM

I know this is a shot in the dark but we lost our family dog- "Ruby Red" around May of 2012. At the time we were staying in a RV campground while my husband was working in Del Rio, TX. Did you see the red bone there? We never had the chance to find her and to this day we all miss her dearly. She was the best dog! We think someone took her off the leash that night but she could have gotten out of her collar to run after a rabbit. Please let me know if you have any information. Thanks! Alyson Minors
Posted By: edin76051

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 12/10/12 07:10 PM

That would be my luck.. shoot a huge deer and not be able to find it..
Posted By: Dalton1993

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 12/22/12 09:57 PM

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 12/22/12 09:58 PM

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 12/22/12 09:59 PM

Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 12/30/12 03:27 PM

I Need a dog in Grayson county. 214-878-3592

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 12/30/12 06:47 PM

Come on now. Somebody.

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 12/30/12 09:55 PM

This post is a waste of server space.
Posted By: Joosh89

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 01/02/13 03:16 PM

That's
Terrible
Posted By: SoTxtracker

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 02/21/13 09:52 PM

I know it's a little late but I do offer a retrieval service, in case any exotic places need help. Ill be based out of brownwood
Posted By: Minotphil

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 04/10/13 06:33 PM

Snow sure makes it easier.
Posted By: Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 05/03/13 01:13 AM

I have good dogs!
Based out of Palo Pinto Co.
Will Travel
24 hrs on call !

Jagdterriers at their very best !
Posted By: Curly

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 07/11/13 06:03 PM

Last season, I needed a deer finder to help me find a deer to shoot. grin
Posted By: DanPhifer

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 09/05/13 11:48 PM

This is good to know. Didn't even know this was an option.
Posted By: Honkey911

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 09/24/13 01:48 AM

I dont do it professionally but as odd as it sounds i have a 3yr old pit bull that has found one buck for me and two for my uncle. I guess he just smelled the blood when we couldnt see it
Posted By: weatherston

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 09/27/13 05:52 AM

[img]https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1236953_522587447811154_97418175_n.jpg[/

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/03/14 03:17 PM

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5340888/Deer_Tracking#Post5340888

Originally Posted By: stxhunter
In an effort to keep my dogs nose fresh I'm offering up free tracking dog services. I'm not promising anything, but he's been pretty good on trails and found several deer so far. Dog will remain on leash the entire time for HIS protection. I would be willing to drive about 1.5hrs from the DFW area. Feel free to call or text me at (956)793-0904 with any questions you may have.

Some things to keep in mind if you should need help:

I've been getting lots of calls to help so we've been pretty busy. PLEASE, IF YOU NEED HELP CALL ME BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!! I've had way too many hunters call after several days/hours worth of tracking and unsuccessful looking. Please call me BEFORE overly contaminating the area or waiting several days.

Try not to contaminate the area too much, it can easily confuse the dog. If you've been tracking for a while and are giving it a "break" because you haven't found anything it's probably time to call someone with a dog.

Every animal taken is important to me. Wether it's a hog, doe, spike, or trophy of a lifetime. Don't hesitate to call if you think you may need help. My dog and I will do all we can to find your animal!

If you have any deer legs or deer blood you are planning on getting rid of please let me know. This will be useful on mock tracks during the off season!
Posted By: BluDiesel

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/07/14 03:18 PM

Ricky Loftis
100$ + tip for recovery
Denton/grayson county
will travel up to 2 hours
940-395-9941

Posted By: Sam in the Hills

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/10/14 10:55 PM

The TLGDA just put up a list of their members who offer tracking services.

http://lacydog.org/tracking-services-2/

Can't wait to add my two to that list!
Posted By: HorizonFirearms

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/11/14 10:16 PM

we have used roy for some clients. very good dogs. Then our ranch manager purchased 2 dogs so we have our own. Never know what kind of shots you are going to get when you do commercial hunts
Posted By: Fishercounty

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/20/14 03:31 PM

I have a Blue Lacy will travel anywhere for cost of fuel. Located in Aspermont call 24/7 Blake 3256606652
Posted By: DEER DOG

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/24/14 09:31 PM

I have seasoned dogs and will cover the Hill country from hwy 90 around Uvalde up to Rocksprings to Junction Mason Llano and over to Burnet. #210-215-1880
Posted By: DEER DOG

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/24/14 09:33 PM

I have seasoned dogs and will cover the Hill country from hwy 90 around Uvalde up to Rocksprings to Junction Mason Llano and over to Burnet. #210-215-1880
Posted By: THETEXAN

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/09/15 02:55 AM

I'm in Grapevine Tx and have a young Catahoula doing well. I'm right down the street from the river that feed the lake.
Posted By: rackjudge

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/11/15 10:06 AM

If you guys are hunting in Grayson Collin or neighboring counties and find that you have a need for a dog I have a Blue Lacy "Austin" that is ready to roll. Give us a call at 469-515-5061

Thank you,
Barrett
469-515-5061
Posted By: TechHunter

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/13/15 09:23 PM

I've got a pair of Lacys in Houston county that are pretty automatic on finding deer and pigs. Nathan Barker 903-922-9774
Posted By: TechHunter

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/14/15 06:15 PM

Posted By: nick_adams

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 10/20/15 06:30 PM

I have a dog that has been running practice trails very well for several years, and is two for two on deer in the field.

I am in Cisco hunting on the weekends, and would be glad to bring him out to anywhere within an hour or so. No guarantees, but definitely no charge either!

Deer or exotics only please, he has never been exposed to hogs at all and wouldnt know what to do if he caught up with a wounded one.

Text or call 817-822-5356
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/27/15 11:24 PM

shows you haven't done much
Posted By: SolomonRiverOutfitters

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 12/03/15 06:55 PM

We live in Floresville (near San Antonio) and will track deer.
Just give us a call if you need us to bring out a dog or two, 210-827-9679.

Try to stay off the trail and not jump the deer. Let us know shot placement,if possible.

www.southtexaslacydogs.com
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 01/03/16 07:43 AM

Gonna bump this thread for Troup's Wounded Game Recovery, Troup Bishop, 325-642-5160.

Troup and his dog Copper recovered a good buck for me tonight. All they had to go on was a tuft of belly hair and one drop of blood. Amazing 800 yard recovery!! Thanks Troup and Copper!

Posted By: flyride1

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 01/12/16 05:36 PM

Impressive track.
Posted By: STXHO

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 02/10/16 06:48 AM

I have dogs

Haiden Mensik (361)-449-5957 I am based out of Corpus Christi
Posted By: TxRedhawk

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 03/11/16 02:29 PM

Great topic! Great shots have bad shots on occasion. Handy info in a cruch! grin
Posted By: texas wetlands

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/06/16 08:34 PM

Is there any way to update the list. I'm actually looking for someone that services the Jones and Fisher County area just North of Abilene.

Had a neighbor loose a good one yesterday that we sure could of used a dog on.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/20/16 03:53 PM

First thing I do when hunting a new County.......
Posted By: texashunter900

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/25/16 01:14 AM

I live in Ennis and will drive up to 2 hours

Mike
817-24zero-33two0
Posted By: Smiling Mallard

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/29/16 04:46 PM

Troup is one of the most personable and professional people you will ever meet. And both he and his dog are equally determined to find your deer LOL.

Troup’s Wounded Game Recovery
Brownwood Texas
Troup Bishop

Story in Photo Thread:

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbth...End#Post6563730

Posted By: Samuel Ramsey

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 11/30/16 12:59 AM

Awesome
Posted By: bigdavehunting

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 12/04/16 03:59 AM

Exc. post--- Tag for later in hopes to never need the service
Posted By: old raider

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 01/07/17 05:47 PM

Posted By: Hman

Re: Is there a list of Deer finders here on forum? - 01/10/17 03:03 PM

I have a Catahoula I'm working in Montague County. He doesn't have much time on him, but has been very good so far.
Just working for tips until I can get a little more time in on him.
817-879-0998.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum