Texas Hunting Forum

new place near tarpely

Posted By: beer&deer

new place near tarpely - 08/06/11 04:26 AM

Just got my first place near Tarpley. It's only 40 acr, but its mine and feel blessed to be able to harvest my own deer. i have always hunted on my dads place wear they have tone of space and land. It has a pond, and the old land own has told me he has never hunted it. any help would be great. First time land owner. any help would be great.

Posted By: cloudnine

Re: new place near tarpely - 08/06/11 06:08 AM

Depending on your budget and how much longer this damn drought keeps on, you can opt for a small food plot or a feeder.

Scout out the area and select an area that you can set up either that is optimal for general wind conditions, field of view, bullet back drop, etc.

Setup a game camera or two to keep an eye on the area and study.

Posted By: don k

Re: new place near tarpely - 08/06/11 12:13 PM

Originally Posted By: beer&deer
Just got my first place near Tarpley. It's only 40 acr, but its mine and feel blessed to be able to harvest my own deer. i have always hunted on my dads place wear they have tone of space and land. It has a pond, and the old land own has told me he has never hunted it. any help would be great. First time land owner. any help would be great.
A lot of deer all around the Tarpley, Bandera area. The deer this year are not going to be up to their potential. Some areas around there have a lot of hogs. Where out of Tarpley did you get the place?

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: new place near tarpely - 08/06/11 02:19 PM

as don k stated, some good hunting around tarpley. typically lots of hogs, some places have quite a few axis as well.

good luck this year!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum