Texas Hunting Forum

Trinity County Hunting?

Posted By: TexShadow74

Trinity County Hunting? - 05/03/11 06:18 PM

Has anyone hunted Trinity County?

How is the deer hunting, hog, and other?

Posted By: ETXbuckman

Re: Trinity County Hunting? - 05/03/11 06:22 PM

There are absolutely no deer in Trinity County. There are especially no good bucks out there so don't bother looking for any on the Texas Big Game Awards website.

Posted By: bjackson

Re: Trinity County Hunting? - 05/03/11 10:48 PM

Trinity county is one of the better East Texas counties with some really good low fence deer over the years, Around Groveton, and Trinity as well as down 356 towards Onalaska. I used to hunt in Glendale between Groveton and Trinity and there were some really nice deer there.

Posted By: rifleman

Re: Trinity County Hunting? - 05/03/11 11:54 PM

There's plenty of deer in the county.... There are very few across the river though

Posted By: kyotee1

Re: Trinity County Hunting? - 05/04/11 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: ETXbuckman
There are absolutely no deer in Trinity County. There are especially no good bucks out there so don't bother looking for any on the Texas Big Game Awards website.

John - you wouldn't happen to have a few nice ones tied up in that county for you this coming season would ya? woot Just a wondering!

Re: Trinity County Hunting? - 05/04/11 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: kyotee1

John - you wouldn't happen to have a few nice ones tied up in that county for you this coming season would ya? woot Just a wondering!

No sir. None at all whistle

Posted By: TexShadow74

Re: Trinity County Hunting? - 05/05/11 06:32 PM

Hows the hog, predator hunting and are there any birds? I'm not much on the bird hunting but a couple of guys are.

Re: Trinity County Hunting? - 05/06/11 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: TexShadow74
Hows the hog, predator hunting and are there any birds? I'm not much on the bird hunting but a couple of guys are.

There are lots of birds. Chee-chee birds and tweety birds being the most common. If you're looking for turkey you're about flat out of luck. Seen some woodcock from time to time, and occasionally some woodducks make their way over from the river, but for the most part you're looking at deer and hogs (and there are a ton of hogs).

Posted By: kyotee1

Re: Trinity County Hunting? - 05/09/11 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: TexShadow74

There are lots of birds. Chee-chee birds and tweety birds being the most common.

What a crack-up...haven't heard chee-chee birds named for over 20 years except from an uncle back around that time before he passed.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum