Texas Hunting Forum

Berryman Tire Seal-R

Posted By: cullbuck

Berryman Tire Seal-R - 09/14/21 03:15 PM

Does anyone use or have any reviews on this stuff?
I'm wanting to find something better than the green slime (but still affordable) for my hunting truck tires for use in S. tx. brush country thorns.

Any input is appreciated.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Berryman Tire Seal-R - 09/14/21 03:29 PM

I've had good luck w/ the Gremplers bulletproof and extreme. Extreme in trailer tires and bullet in utv
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Berryman Tire Seal-R - 09/14/21 06:00 PM

I really like this stuff. https://www.tireject.com/

It's much more liquid than the others so if you drive with any speed, it doesn't keep your tires out of balance for the first while. And it's been awesome against mesquite. Only thing it lost the battle on for me was an antler stuck through a tire.
Posted By: cullbuck

Re: Berryman Tire Seal-R - 09/15/21 01:56 PM

Thanks for the info.
That Tireject product is interesting and apparently you use a very small volume compared to other types of sealers. i guess that's what makes it more suitable for vehicles used at highway speeds.
I might try that on the wife's vehicle, she seems to find every sharp object on the highway.
Posted By: Vern1

Re: Berryman Tire Seal-R - 09/24/21 11:51 AM

Berryman Tire Sealer was my goto for many years.

The ONLY reason I stopped using it is because it disappeared locally and was replaced by Slime in all the retailers.
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Berryman Tire Seal-R - 09/24/21 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by cullbuck
Thanks for the info.
That Tireject product is interesting and apparently you use a very small volume compared to other types of sealers. i guess that's what makes it more suitable for vehicles used at highway speeds.
I might try that on the wife's vehicle, she seems to find every sharp object on the highway.

The amount you use is a little less, but it's also much more viscous. Slime is thick and when a tire sits, it'll all fall to the bottom and tend to want to stay there, so the tire gets out of balance. The TireJect stuff is pretty much like water, so it disperses around the tire much faster when you start moving.

It's weird stuff. Honestly, when it arrived, I wasn't sure it would work. I was used to using thick Slime, but it proved me wrong. It works great.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Berryman Tire Seal-R - 09/24/21 04:22 PM

Just bought a jug of the Berrymans to put in my zero turn front tires. Havent put it in yet though.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Berryman Tire Seal-R - 09/24/21 07:51 PM

I have used Slime, Multi-seal and Berryman's in South and West Texas. I would buy Multi-seal over the other 2. I used Berryman's over the last 3 yrs in a Polaris Ranger tires. It worked well but not quite as good as Multi-seal for me. In South Texas mesquite thorns they all work well, it is when you get into Whitebrush or Greasewood type stems that you need a better sealant.
Posted By: bagster

Re: Berryman Tire Seal-R - 09/24/21 10:34 PM

The best flat protection I've found for off-road tires are liners. If none are available, get an old tire of the same size, cut out and discard the bead, and use the tire as a liner. This works great if balance is not an issue.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum