Texas Hunting Forum

Kawasaki Mule

Posted By: WBYHunter

Kawasaki Mule - 09/08/21 07:25 PM

I have a Mule that needs to go in for it's first scheduled maintenance. Anybody have good experiences with service at any of the Houston area Kawasaki dealers?
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Kawasaki Mule - 09/08/21 08:34 PM

It's probably a bit of a drive for you, but i've had good experience with the Pro Powersports of Conroe service department, however they're by lake conroe on 105....
I've heard good things about Team Mancuso on the Freeway near Aldine, https://www.tmpnorth.com/
https://www.tmpnorth.com/send-us-an-email-or-give-us-a-call--xcontact
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Kawasaki Mule - 09/08/21 09:37 PM

Don’t let them rape you on needing the lifters serviced. That’s a scam and a good dealership will tell you it’s not worth the money.
Posted By: don k

Re: Kawasaki Mule - 09/08/21 10:20 PM

I have a mule with over a 1000 hours on it. It has never been to a shop. I changed the transmission, front and rear differential fluids at 100 hours. I change the engine oil and filter at 200 hours. That is it. Oh, and I put a bigger battery in it.
Posted By: WBYHunter

Re: Kawasaki Mule - 09/09/21 03:08 PM

Thanks for all the replies.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Kawasaki Mule - 09/09/21 10:04 PM

Had a dealer try to do the scare tactic on lifter adjustment, til I told him it was a diesel. He quit then.
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Kawasaki Mule - 09/10/21 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Had a dealer try to do the scare tactic on lifter adjustment, til I told him it was a diesel. He quit then.

What dealer?
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Kawasaki Mule - 09/10/21 11:32 AM

I took my Kawi in for first service and recall work, the dealer said they would listen to the lifters but 99.9 of 100 times they haven’t needed a lifter service on the first service interval and they didn’t feel right charging people $600 for an unnecessary service. Louis Powersports in Greenville
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Kawasaki Mule - 09/10/21 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig

I took my Kawi in for first service and recall work, the dealer said they would listen to the lifters but 99.9 of 100 times they haven’t needed a lifter service on the first service interval and they didn’t feel right charging people $600 for an unnecessary service. Louis Powersports in Greenville

My local dealer started to say them same thing for 1000 Mile service and I looked at the service rep and asked if he did his own lifters on his…. He said he would take that off service quote.

Bill was still outrageous but I doubt mine will get any more services done to it in next year or two. I’ll going to do my one from here on out
Posted By: leswad

Re: Kawasaki Mule - 09/10/21 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by don k
I have a mule with over a 1000 hours on it. It has never been to a shop. I changed the transmission, front and rear differential fluids at 100 hours. I change the engine oil and filter at 200 hours. That is it. Oh, and I put a bigger battery in it.

I have done the same, no issues. Stealership has only done recall work.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Kawasaki Mule - 09/10/21 08:11 PM

Woods in New Braunfels. It was only there to have a recall issue resolved. I do all the rest of maintenance myself once a year.
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Kawasaki Mule - 09/20/21 03:35 AM

youtube is your friend that will save you alot of easy maintenance....
Posted By: Sewer rat

Re: Kawasaki Mule - 09/20/21 05:54 PM

Just do it yourself. It isn't hard. They jack up the prices so much on this type of stuff.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum