Texas Hunting Forum

Essex Manufacturing

Posted By: TCM3

Essex Manufacturing - 09/07/21 10:44 PM

Does anyone here know if they are still in business... i can not get ahold of them to ask a question about a product.
http://www.essexmfg.com/
apparently they are located in the DFW area.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Essex Manufacturing - 09/07/21 11:19 PM

I believe there was a serious illness with the founder and the business was shut down. 'Don't know the whole story.

I have seen similar, but different brand tires at the CanAm dealer in Kerrville - Destination Cycle. Give them a call if you wish. up

Re: Essex Manufacturing - 09/07/21 11:24 PM

Thanks for the info, i was wanting to enquire about the running boards they made for the 550.
Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: Essex Manufacturing - 09/09/21 01:16 AM

The founder passed, his wife and son decided not to continue the business. I drive by it all the time.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Essex Manufacturing - 09/09/21 01:32 AM

After Dan passed I don’t know why they didn’t sell the business. There were plenty of people that would have bought it, Including me. It was an excellent company, he was the dreamer/inventor and she was the business head, she was also much younger and had a great rack! It was a great business plan. I miss doing business with them.

Re: Essex Manufacturing - 09/09/21 02:25 AM

Dang that sucks. They had some cool looking products for UTVs.
Thanks for the information.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Essex Manufacturing - 09/11/21 09:44 PM

I have used Essex for years - Dan was always very helpful and knew his stuff - I heard they shut down awhile back - it is a shame because they were great tires
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Essex Manufacturing - 09/12/21 02:15 PM

I picked up a pair of these. Jury is still out

https://www.gpsoffroadproducts.com/shop/gps-rp-sof-magnum-12-ply-run-flat-tire/
Posted By: tigger

Re: Essex Manufacturing - 09/13/21 05:21 PM

I am sorry to hear they have closed
I did business with them for 15 years more or less. Great company to do business with.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum