Texas Hunting Forum

New UTV seats

Posted By: stxranchman

New UTV seats - 03/04/21 06:35 PM

I have a 2014 Polaris Ranger 800 that had a tear in the driver side seat cover where I get in and out all the time. Also the bottom of the seat split or cracked on both the driver and passenger seat over time. From what I have been told by other people with model years that used that seat, they have had the same issues. I called Polaris dealers and found most had the seat or order one but it was $500 or more and up to $600 for the front seat on my Ranger. Some even had extra for shipping. I went online to the Polaris site and found the part # for that year Ranger seat. Found a place in South Dakota that had several different brand of UTV replacement seats...they were listed 60-70% less than the Polaris site. I saved the site till I finally broke down and order a new seat. The shipping was only $22.15 and the price of the seat was $212.55, the total delivered price was $234.70. I was skeptical about the whole price but ordered one anyway after calling to confirm the shipping was that low. Just got it today and I can say it is a much better quality seat than the factor one. The cushion is a bit firmer, but the bottom molded plastic part of the whole seat is much thicker. That alone makes it much better. It fit perfectly when I put it on the Ranger. It came with the hardware and some heat reflective foil tape if you needed it. I had the old foil reflective part from the factory. The only thing I noticed about it was that the seat cushion is a bit taller than my factory one. Not a lot but it is a bit taller. So time will tell if it holds up better than the factory part.
https://www.eparts.shop/
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: New UTV seats - 03/04/21 08:13 PM

up
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: New UTV seats - 03/04/21 08:16 PM

I thought you would have used some duct tape.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: New UTV seats - 03/04/21 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
I thought you would have used some duct tape.

and baling wire...but I tried to use Flex-Tape...it was to far gone to help any.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: New UTV seats - 03/12/21 12:23 PM

Still can't get deal with you actually having spent over $200.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: New UTV seats - 03/12/21 12:28 PM

Seats are one of the worst things about the Gator. I got my new seats from Harbor Freight. It was several years ago. I`m not sure if they are still in business.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum