Texas Hunting Forum

Does anyone carry a spare tire for their UTV?

Posted By: tchunter

Does anyone carry a spare tire for their UTV? - 11/06/20 08:50 PM

Just like the title says. Anyone?
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Does anyone carry a spare tire for their UTV? - 11/06/20 09:22 PM

Nope, just slime and very small air compressor. About 10% of the time.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Does anyone carry a spare tire for their UTV? - 11/06/20 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. T.
Nope, just slime and very small air compressor. About 10% of the time.

This as well as plugs.
Posted By: tchunter

Re: Does anyone carry a spare tire for their UTV? - 11/06/20 10:50 PM

Well, I have Slime in my tires and had a flat. Found that there were a couple of wide cracks on the shoulder. Slime did not help. It had been a year since I put it in the tires.
Last time I took the buggy in for service, they left a rim and tire in the back. I emailed them about it and never heard back, so I guess it was a sign and I should have gotten a matching tire for that rim.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Does anyone carry a spare tire for their UTV? - 11/06/20 11:09 PM

I don’t, I carry a plug kit, tire slime and a compressor. If all else fails I’ll ride that puppy on the rim until I get back. I have spares but I don’t burn up my extra room carrying one.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Does anyone carry a spare tire for their UTV? - 11/07/20 12:02 AM

I don’t carry any tire fixing stuff in the UTV, but I’m never too far to walk back to the barn for the fixing stuff. If I was a long way from home, I’d probably have plugs, slime, and a compressor.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Does anyone carry a spare tire for their UTV? - 11/07/20 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by 603Country
I don’t carry any tire fixing stuff in the UTV, but I’m never too far to walk back to the barn for the fixing stuff. If I was a long way from home, I’d probably have plugs, slime, and a compressor.

The joys of owning your own ranch. cheers
Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: Does anyone carry a spare tire for their UTV? - 11/07/20 02:57 AM

I have 2 just in case I absolutely destroy one. But they stay st the house depending on where I'm going
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Does anyone carry a spare tire for their UTV? - 11/07/20 03:02 AM

I just got a spare last week. I’d rather not have to walk back to camp, it’s a real long way.
Posted By: Vern1

Re: Does anyone carry a spare tire for their UTV? - 11/07/20 07:36 PM

I have two but don't carry them.
If I need the spare, I call the wife and she comes and picks me up in her Mule and takes me and spare back.
It's only 3/4 mile to back of property and I can still walk that pretty easily if needed.

I do have slime in the tires and carry a small battery powered compressor with me most of the time.
If you allow your ATV/SxS to sit on a flat tire very long, the sidewalls of most tires will crack.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Does anyone carry a spare tire for their UTV? - 11/10/20 04:53 PM

At our place and just about any quail lease I have ever been on, you could be looking at a 5-6 mile walk depending on where you are (or further). I always have plug kit and compressor. Been wanting to put a mount for a mule spare on the trailer to at least have back at camp.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Does anyone carry a spare tire for their UTV? - 11/10/20 05:42 PM

We use a golf cart instead of a utv. We do have two spares, but with slime and a air compressor i think they are not needed.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Does anyone carry a spare tire for their UTV? - 11/13/20 07:33 PM

No spare - small compressor and plug kit. Plus a small power pack for emergency battery charge.
Posted By: Ranger Man

Re: Does anyone carry a spare tire for their UTV? - 11/14/20 03:05 AM

Yes I carry one on top of my utility rack.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum