Texas Hunting Forum

seeking advice

Posted By: patrick123

seeking advice - 08/29/20 09:48 PM

good afternoon all, so i am in search of a car to make my hunting/recreation vehicle. i am curious to see what you all think makes the best rig. ideally i am thinking about the below but an open to suggestions. thank you

bronco
dodge charger
older 1990's suburban
two door tahoe
or like cars.

thanks
Posted By: don k

Re: seeking advice - 08/29/20 10:06 PM

You are very smart and have come to the correct place for advice. Good luck with this.

Re: seeking advice - 08/29/20 10:08 PM

thank you i appreciate it... i am hoping to garner advice from those that have been there and done that.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: seeking advice - 08/29/20 10:35 PM

I have an '86 Bronco for sale in the classifieds, but have recently been reprimanded by a self-appointed clique queen for mentioning it. roflmao I will, however, make you a deal on it. Just private message me for goodness sake!

A modern side-by-side is gonna ride better than anything on your list, but something tells me the Charger is more your style. laugh

Re: seeking advice - 08/29/20 10:49 PM

so i have thought about getting a side by side to start with but i also would ideally want an suv that i do not feel bad about getting a little beat up and having my dogs run around in if that makes sense. which is why i am not looking to spend a ton.

Re: seeking advice - 08/29/20 10:54 PM

$4,500.00. Just for you. In the Classifieds. up
My dogs run around in it all the time.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: seeking advice - 08/29/20 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by patrick123
good afternoon all, so i am in search of a car to make my hunting/recreation vehicle. i am curious to see what you all think makes the best rig. ideally i am thinking about the below but an open to suggestions. thank you

bronco
Dodge Charger
older 1990's suburban
two door tahoe
or like cars.

thanks

Dodge Charger?
Is your lease a long piece of 2 lane blacktop?
Posted By: TCM3

Re: seeking advice - 08/30/20 02:11 AM

Dependin on the suburban.... My mom still drives her 94 c1500, 249,946 miles, besides regular maintenance, bullet proof. Fairly smooth ride too, and can haul a fairly good load.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: seeking advice - 08/30/20 07:01 PM

Will this stay on the lease or driven back and forth?. If driven To get there how far?

If minimal or no highway driving i would Bronco for sure.
Posted By: huntingag01

Re: seeking advice - 09/02/20 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

bronco
Dodge Charger
older 1990's suburban
two door tahoe
or like cars.

thanks

Dodge Charger?

I thought the same at first but forgot about the old ramchargers

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/1990-Dodge-Ramcharger-Pictures-c1829#pictureId=36160480
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: seeking advice - 09/02/20 07:11 PM

bronco
dodge charger
older 1990's suburban
two door tahoe
or like cars.

thanks

Where are you located at? I have seen an older model Suburban for sale like you are looking for that has been sitting on the side of the highway down in Bee County.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: seeking advice - 09/02/20 07:29 PM

bronco
Dodge Charger
older 1990's suburban
two door tahoe
or like cars.

thanks

Dodge Charger?

Dodgers response to K5 and Bronco
Posted By: MrWood

Re: seeking advice - 09/02/20 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

bronco
Dodge Charger
older 1990's suburban
two door tahoe
or like cars.

thanks

Dodge Charger?

Do you mean the Durango?
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: seeking advice - 09/02/20 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

bronco
Dodge Charger
older 1990's suburban
two door tahoe
or like cars.

thanks

Dodge Charger?

Oh, a Ram Charger?
bang

Re: seeking advice - 09/02/20 10:48 PM

OP? He gone. "Squirrel!" He did PM me 'couple days ago though, 'bout my Bronco. I LOVE selling! banana
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: seeking advice - 09/02/20 10:56 PM

Once he decides they're a great thread about how to strap it to a trailer below.

Re: seeking advice - 09/14/20 12:48 AM

Thank you all for the advice so far... as to location I am up in north Texas.
Posted By: ErikL

Re: seeking advice - 09/19/20 06:08 PM

am aware of 85 cj7 with high rack camo wrap new tires in corpus christi, winch, receiver feeder, game load bumper on front, be good for lease only, likely good deal to be made
Posted By: 20bore

Re: seeking advice - 10/14/20 09:49 PM

4Runner
Posted By: TexasLobo

Re: seeking advice - 10/18/20 07:04 PM

Ram Charger I presume
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum