Texas Hunting Forum

Best jack for UTV (High CanAm?)

Posted By: Creekrunner

Best jack for UTV (High CanAm?) - 07/06/20 03:29 PM

Tired of limiting out my cheap floor jack. What's the best quick/floor jack for a slightly lifted CanAm Defender? I need a lot of lift height.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Best jack for UTV (High CanAm?) - 07/06/20 06:21 PM

Do you have a front or rear receiver hitch? If you do

https://www.shophornetoutdoors.com/...gyKDAntga5daId9A_UCM4-QGTEAaAs0zEALw_wcB

If you don’t then high lift jack.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Best jack for UTV (High CanAm?) - 07/06/20 07:03 PM

Depends how high you plan to lift it off the ground. I typically use my normal floor jack with my drop hitch from my truck. Throw some floor jacks under it and done. On the front, i'll throw a 4x4 block of wood on top of the jack pad.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Best jack for UTV (High CanAm?) - 07/06/20 09:34 PM

I just use a Hi-Lift
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Best jack for UTV (High CanAm?) - 07/06/20 10:27 PM

Thanks all. I've got a Hi-Lift and a rear receiver hitch with a beefy double socket insert, but I was worried about hooking the Hi-Lift in the front to just that hole where a winch mounts. 'Not sure about the geometry of that front formed 1/8" being strong enough to hold the weight of the vehicle.

Lots of flats out here with the mesquite, and, me losing the road every once in a while.

Re: Best jack for UTV (High CanAm?) - 07/07/20 01:37 AM

https://www.ridetireblocks.com/
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Best jack for UTV (High CanAm?) - 07/08/20 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Basically mousse bibs for utvs? Pretty cool stuff. Not cheap either! ouch. I'd be curious how long a set of those things last.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Best jack for UTV (High CanAm?) - 07/08/20 06:23 PM

These are available. Not worth a [censored] in the dirt, but around the garage it’s fine.

[Linked Image]

Re: Best jack for UTV (High CanAm?) - 07/09/20 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by ZK-315
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Basically mousse bibs for utvs? Pretty cool stuff. Not cheap either! ouch. I'd be curious how long a set of those things last.

I talked to guy in NM that had them on his razor, he has had them over 1000 miles no issues. He had to replace one tire that got a 4” side wall dash, but he said he was 20 miles from trailer and made it back no problem. He put the old blocks in thier when he got back home and good to go. I cant fathom the costs personally but see the benefit. As of now I’m an ultra seal bulletproof sealant man until it leaves me stranded.

I carry plug kit and air compressor so it’s going to be catastrophic type failure for me not to be able to get back to truck.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum