Texas Hunting Forum

Can-Am Question

Posted By: Leonardo

Can-Am Question - 03/02/20 05:25 PM

Currently have a Polaris crew, zero trouble with it or the previous two I have owned. The one thing I hate about it is the dirt that gets sucked into the cab. I have tried the back windshield, half windshield, ect… and nothing keeps it from happening.

Does the Can Am crew have this problem? Anything else stand out that puts the Can Am ahead of the Ranger?
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: Can-Am Question - 03/02/20 05:43 PM

Every SxS will suck dust into the cab without a full cab. I've been through a 2-seater Mule, a Transmule, and now have a Can Am Defender HD8. Had a windshield and a back shield (cloth and plastic) on all of them and they all suck in dust. The Can Am is light years ahead of the Mule in terms of comfort and ride and speed. I've never owned or even ridden in a Ranger but have had 2 Polaris 4 wheelers and they were both good machines. I'd go drive a Can Am and a Ranger and see what you think.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Can-Am Question - 03/02/20 06:22 PM

Only way to prevent the suction is full cab or vented window.

In my mule under 10 mph hour it’s not bad any thing over I have to vent. At 45+mph it’s really rough if I don’t vent
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Can-Am Question - 03/05/20 09:36 PM

I have a Canam lonestar, which is an HD10 Max (6 seater). I have a glass flip up front windshield and my gun bag acts as a back windshield essentially. Dust is terrible at anything over about 15 MPH with the windshield down. I've been told the half doors will help tremendously, but that's a pricey pill to swallow. With the windshield flipped out, dust is very minimal at any speeds.

I havent personally had any rangers, but have been in and around a few friend's rangers. They just seem to have a lot of little issues here and there, even on a stock ride. Biggest issues i've seen on the canams are coming from guys that are jacking them up sky high and putting tractor tires on them. At that point, tie rods and the steering rack become the main issues...both of which have better aftermarket offerings than factory. They all have their pros and cons. I've been thoroughly impressed with my defender.
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Can-Am Question - 03/18/20 12:44 AM

From what I've heard the can am is much easier to wash the floor etc. And since there back seat flips up, you can load a deer by yourself easily.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Can-Am Question - 05/01/20 05:04 PM

Good machines but ground clearance is not very good.
Posted By: TLew

Re: Can-Am Question - 05/11/20 08:59 PM

Never had a ground clearance issue with my 2019 Can Am Defender Lone Star. Comes with bigger wheels so maybe that's why. Then again, I'm not doing anything absolutely crazy on it and it has skid plates if I do touch dirt
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Can-Am Question - 05/12/20 12:00 PM

Follow a side by side around at night and you will get a true picture of all the dust the passengers and driver "eat".
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Can-Am Question - 05/12/20 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by ZK-315
I've been told the half doors will help tremendously, but that's a pricey pill to swallow.

I have a Can-Am and like it a lot, but it's my first SXS, so I'm not a good judge.

But every add-on is a pricey pill to swallow. Holy cow, they're proud of that stuff. 'Seems they have a Mercedes attitude.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Can-Am Question - 05/12/20 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
I've been told the half doors will help tremendously, but that's a pricey pill to swallow.

I have a Can-Am and like it a lot, but it's my first SXS, so I'm not a good judge.

But every add-on is a pricey pill to swallow. Holy cow, they're proud of that stuff. 'Seems they have a Mercedes attitude.

But they ride like a Cadillac
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Can-Am Question - 05/13/20 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner

But they ride like a Cadillac

gotta pay to play

Re: Can-Am Question - 05/13/20 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Follow a side by side around at night and you will get a true picture of all the dust the passengers and driver "eat".

It’s 2020 we have full HVAC cabs and electric windows smile

I don’t but some do roflmao
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Can-Am Question - 05/13/20 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

yeah I know a guy who knows a guy who has doors and A/C
Posted By: Judd

Re: Can-Am Question - 05/13/20 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85

yeah I know a guy who knows a guy who has doors and A/C

But does he have heat...that’s the real question....right Bobo?
Posted By: PMK

Re: Can-Am Question - 05/13/20 09:03 PM

a/c would be nice ... I could care less about a heater

Re: Can-Am Question - 05/14/20 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by PMK

Blasphemy!!!

Heater Is life changing!!!
Posted By: PMK

Re: Can-Am Question - 05/14/20 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by PMK

Blasphemy!!!

Heater Is life changing!!!

I usually wear shorts down into the low 40s, jean down into the low 20, thermal & jeans down below 10° ... I have a Mr. Buddy in my stand that I run about 5-10 minutes on really cold mornings to break the chill then turn it off. All my hunting buddies think I am part Eskimo. I have no need for a heater in my hunting buggy as long as I am in Texas ... Just overly hot blooded, always have been.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum