Texas Hunting Forum

Mule Pro Diesel Exhaust

Posted By: arandy

Mule Pro Diesel Exhaust - 11/16/19 12:02 PM

I have wanted to put a better muffler on my DX Mule but dealer said it might affect the 3 year warranty. Since it is now out of warranty I am ready to see if there is something I can do to quiet down this beast. If you have been able to install a muffler on any diesel UTV that made it quieter than the factory muffler did I'd like to hear about it.
Posted By: don k

Re: Mule Pro Diesel Exhaust - 11/16/19 01:07 PM

I put a small car muffler on a Kubota RTV 900 and it helped quite a bit. I also put one of those heavy rubber horse mats in the bed and that also helped.

Re: Mule Pro Diesel Exhaust - 11/16/19 01:55 PM

Thanks don K! Already did the mat thing. I thought about trying to put a tractor muffler on it but that would be sort of odd to fit as the factory muffler is short and fat.
Posted By: cos

Re: Mule Pro Diesel Exhaust - 11/21/19 01:24 AM

I have a 18 model Mule Diesel and i called dealer about the warrenty if i put car muffler on it and he said no problem.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Mule Pro Diesel Exhaust - 11/21/19 01:30 AM

The noise from my Mule Diesel sounds like pure engine noise, not exhaust noise.

Re: Mule Pro Diesel Exhaust - 11/21/19 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by cos
I have a 18 model Mule Diesel and i called dealer about the warrenty if i put car muffler on it and he said no problem.

If you replace the muffler and it helps please advise as to what particular muffler you used.
Posted By: Frio Town

Re: Mule Pro Diesel Exhaust - 11/21/19 12:33 PM

I don't know how it compares to what you have, but on one of our Mules (4010) diesel, the air intake is directly behind your head and the noise is from the intake, not the exhaust. On my Kubota, I just close the door and it's gone.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum