Texas Hunting Forum

Mule pro window

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Mule pro window - 10/16/19 04:12 PM

Any one have opinion on poly tip out (superatv) vs fortress tip out.

Or dislikes etc
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Mule pro window - 10/16/19 04:53 PM

No opinion on those 2 choices. I have a poly fold down model, and like it.

Re: Mule pro window - 10/16/19 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

Any negatives to fold down?

Re: Mule pro window - 10/16/19 08:17 PM

It scratches easily is the only downside. Can be towed forward while folded down. I keep it folded down until temps are really low or rainfall.

Re: Mule pro window - 10/16/19 08:22 PM

Thank you
Posted By: PonchoMike

Re: Mule pro window - 10/17/19 02:28 AM

I have a fixed Fortress and I like it. My brother has the flip Fortress. He likes it.
I see too much to go wrong with it.
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Mule pro window - 10/17/19 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

Any negatives to fold down?

I learned after the first poly one to keep a micro cloth handy and a water spray bottle...not one scratch on the new one....
Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: Mule pro window - 10/20/19 04:20 PM

We have the fortress tip out. I know better than to get poly with the clay and sand we have around here. I wouldnt dare run a wiper with the poly but we do with the glass. Actually our fortress is the tip out with vent option. Love the tip out in summer and the vent on days like today where you want air but not a face full of 55 degree air at 5am.
Posted By: TexasLobo

Re: Mule pro window - 10/27/19 09:34 PM

Polycarbonate is very resistant to cracks/shatter, but it does get scratched very easily
Posted By: OHanlon87

Re: Mule pro window - 10/28/19 07:22 PM

I just installed the fold down by A&S Audio and Shield Designs out of Dallas. Ordered it off of Amazon. I like it because it folds down on itself into rubber stoppers and not resting on the hood. Easy install, happy so far.

Re: Mule pro window - 10/28/19 07:27 PM

I went with superatv flip up, figured I’d break fortress glass

Thank y’all

Re: Mule pro window - 10/28/19 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by OHanlon87
I just installed the fold down by A&S Audio and Shield Designs out of Dallas. Ordered it off of Amazon. I like it because it folds down on itself into rubber stoppers and not resting on the hood. Easy install, happy so far.

That’s the brand I have on mine. Been on 3 years, I like it. It was also the cheapest fold down I could find.
Posted By: cmorsch

Re: Mule pro window - 10/30/19 07:29 PM

Bobo, I have the SuperATV one on my mule. My only complaints with it are the added dust you get inside the cabin area and the added wind resistance while towing. Im thinking about towing mine backwards from now on so I can leave the windshield in the open position.

Re: Mule pro window - 10/30/19 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by cmorsch
Bobo, I have the SuperATV one on my mule. My only complaints with it are the added dust you get inside the cabin area and the added wind resistance while towing. Im thinking about towing mine backwards from now on so I can leave the windshield in the open position.

Ya, I can see that, I’d didn’t realize it doesn’t seal up top either.
Posted By: cmorsch

Re: Mule pro window - 10/31/19 12:52 AM

Bobo, I have not had a issue with that and i have hit puddles at 40+ in it. There in my experience there has been very little water get in, it does allow for a little airflow inside aswell when you crack the windshield.

Re: Mule pro window - 10/31/19 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by cmorsch
Bobo, I have not had a issue with that and i have hit puddles at 40+ in it. There in my experience there has been very little water get in, it does allow for a little airflow inside aswell when you crack the windshield.

I have 3” gap between roof and window top, it lets in a lot of air.

I might cut a 1x4 just to play with up top. If it works decent I’ll use powder coated aluminum plate
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum