Texas Hunting Forum

Best Deal Buying A SxS

Posted By: TLew

Best Deal Buying A SxS - 04/25/19 02:49 AM

There's a thread on best deal buying a truck, so selfishly I thought I would add one about buying a side by side. I say selfishly because I'm currently between a Can-Am Defender Max XT HD10 and a Polaris Ranger Crew Premium 1000.

I've found this site which, while not completely up to date, is very helpful understanding what a dealer may have in their vehicles, however I'd like to know how you guys are fairing. When I think about deals on UTVs, I think of the following:

- $ or % off MSRP
- % off accessories
- Items "thrown in" (e.g. extended warranties, accessories, etc.)

These are all time dependent since new model season, spring, etc. tend to favor the buyer.

Sooooo....whatcha got? List the year, make and model with the above so we can see who I need to take to the dealership (and which one) to negotiate!

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 04/25/19 02:52 AM

Forgot the link to the invoice cost:

https://seedealercost.com/power-sports/
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 04/25/19 03:51 AM

Only time you will get below sticker price is when there is a model year end sale. They don’t need to lower the price or make deals to sell these machines.

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 04/25/19 01:03 PM

You might be the only person I know who has paid sticker. Please tell me they at least gave you 15-20% off accessories if you are not negotiating down from MSRP
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 04/25/19 01:34 PM

If buying a Kawasaki the only place you need to know is Irving Kawasaki..NO ONE beats their prices......I bought my 4010 trans mule with a 2 inch lift, roof, and front brush guard for the same price others were selling just the Mule for!!!

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 04/25/19 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by TLew
You might be the only person I know who has paid sticker. Please tell me they at least gave you 15-20% off accessories if you are not negotiating down from MSRP

I paid $11,500 for my SxS new, I didn’t negotiate. I absolutely hate dealing with the buying process of vehicles. I find one at a price I want and buy it. In and out in 30 minutes. And no, I don’t waste my money on the dealers products. When a dealer wants $600 for a $300 rebranded winch that I can get on sale for $250, those prices are for suckers and people that can’t turn a wrench, even at 20% off.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 04/25/19 02:37 PM

Condescension rarely attracts a lot of help.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 04/25/19 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner

What he said ^
That being said, I got my best price on a mule at ..https://www.antlersmotorsports.com/ in Oklahoma and I live in Texas. I did buy at year end just as new models came out. And I have heard nothing but good
things about Irving Kawasaki.
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 04/25/19 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner

didn't seem very condescending to me.....

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 04/25/19 02:47 PM

Who said I was looking for help? Data points are nice (see selfish comment) but no where did I ask for help. Also, it wasn't condescension as much as amazement.

BigPig - I'm with you on hating vehicle purchases though. That said, I have a similar problem to overpaying for a vehicle like you brought up on accessories.

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 04/25/19 03:09 PM

I wait for them to go on sale. Sticker was $14,500 but it was year end close out so reduced to $11,500.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 04/26/19 08:13 PM

I also think part of it is who you know, and if they work at a specific dealership or not.

Just as Mr. T said, from what I had seen when I was buying my Can Am Defender, Antlers in OK was whipping a lot of peoples pricing. I ended up going through my local dealer, mainly because I know the parts manager and he put in a word to the new GM of the place for me.

As for the timing, if you're after a common ride that isn't a super highly sought after machine, whenever the new models roll out is the best time to buy. For example, the CanAm 2019 models came out around August/September time frame and all the 2018s went on sale....at least the ones that could be found. The lonestar editions and the XMR editions went very quick, but the rest had really good deals to be had.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 05/19/19 11:03 PM

I negotiated an end of year 2016 Mahindra 750 down about 15% plus had them throw in a 4000 lb winch, windshield and roof. Mahindra has a 3 year powertrain warranty standard to boot. Try Lonestar Ranch and Outdoor.
Posted By: Vern1

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 07/10/19 12:58 PM

I wait for my little brother to buy a new one.
He never sells his old ones and after they sit in shop for 6 months, he finds something he needs to use that shop space for.
He calls, I drive 3 miles to pick it up, bring it home and make any repairs needed and USE it!
Posted By: EasyMoney

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 07/14/19 04:02 PM

I just bought a can am defender max hd10 xt and my buddy is a salesman where I buy mine at and the msrp on it was $19700 I paid $16000 otd but I’m also AG exempt but still they’re online price before taxes is $16200. Best way I’ve found is to shop around and work them against each other. I even do it to my buddy knowing I’m going to buy from him but I like to give him a hard time. Accessories I always buy aftermarket unless the OEM stuff is reasonably priced but 80% of the time I order from other companies. OEM stuff is too high for me.
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 07/22/19 03:28 PM

has anyone ever bought from RideNow Powersports in Forney?
Posted By: EasyMoney

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 07/23/19 02:50 AM

I almost bought my defender there earlier this month but they just weren’t doing good on my trade. If I were to be buying out right I woulda went there not saying there wasn’t any hidden fees or anything the manager seemed to be upfront with it all.
Posted By: Astater

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 07/26/19 03:57 PM

I bought a 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 used last year for 11k. Had 62 miles on it. Didn't pay sticker. I refuse to buy new...just takes me longer to find the right deal.
Posted By: Spinone

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 08/13/19 03:40 PM

Forgot the link to the invoice cost:

https://seedealercost.com/power-sports/

Not sure where this website is getting their information but the Polaris "invoice" cost they show is less than the actual dealer invoice. The information for Polaris is wrong. I wouldn't depend on this website. Margins are typically low in the powersports industry with dealer profits dependent on accessory sales and manufacturer to dealer incentives.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Best Deal Buying A SxS - 08/18/19 01:32 PM

They aren't vehicles, thus they don't deal on them as much.

To get the best price, find a shop that has one that has been sitting awhile and see if they want to deal. There isn't a standard amount off across the board they typically negotiate with.

I went to several shops and some wouldn't give more than $500 off the cost of a new machine....you either buy it or you don't. I went to hoffpauir in Goldthwaite and saved thousands, but had to hunt for that deal.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum