Texas Hunting Forum

Mule pro + tough country

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Mule pro + tough country - 03/29/19 08:01 PM

Any one with a mule pro ftx and a toughcounty bumper give me the total length... as in minimum it would need to fit in a box

Thank you kindly in advance
Posted By: triggerbowtx

Re: Mule pro + tough country - 04/04/19 04:49 PM

Like the total length from tip of bumper to back of vehicle? Or just the bumper? In this case, what is a box?

Re: Mule pro + tough country - 04/04/19 07:05 PM

Tip to end, I need to know how much space that takes to fit length wise

Re: Mule pro + tough country - 04/04/19 10:14 PM

Box is shipping container being converted with storage for mule and living quarters, thank you in advance
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Mule pro + tough country - 04/05/19 03:02 PM

I would account for 15' on the safe side, I could barely fit one backed onto a 12' trailer with a tough country bumper on it. The gate rubbed it the whole way. This was a 2015 or 2016 model

Re: Mule pro + tough country - 04/05/19 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ramball36
I would account for 15' on the safe side, I could barely fit one backed onto a 12' trailer with a tough country bumper on it. The gate rubbed it the whole way. This was a 2015 or 2016 model

Thanks, what I was worries about, now I just have to figure out if the extra 4’ is worth the hassle of a 40’ vs just rolling with 2- 20fters (one living one storage)

Thanks Ramball
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Mule pro + tough country - 04/05/19 04:44 PM

I want to hear more about the containers. Thinking about doing the same. You building them out yourself or did you find a place that does them for a reasonable price?

Re: Mule pro + tough country - 04/05/19 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Gumbeaux
I want to hear more about the containers. Thinking about doing the same. You building them out yourself or did you find a place that does them for a reasonable price?

My self. This will be my second. Easy to do if you can weld. Weld in 2x2 square tubing frame for windows and door(can weld commercial door frame direct), rest is just normal framing.

If you cant weld, there are few places you can buy pre-installed. For a decent price.

If you have instragram search #containerhomes #tinyhomes,shocking how cool you can make them

Moving can be an issue, easy to move 20’, 40’ basically requires CDL though

Posted By: PMK

Re: Mule pro + tough country - 04/08/19 05:58 PM

saw one where a guy put 2x 20'ers side by side and cut an opening between the two, sealed up and installed a door. Made out living quarters (bunks, kitchen, dining area) out of all of one, used about 2/3-3/4 of the other for storage for a couple of 4 wheelers and enclosed the back portion (that was connected to full one) and used as a bath room with installed toilet, sink & shower (probably 6 foot of the 2nd container leaving 15+/- for storage).
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Mule pro + tough country - 04/08/19 09:11 PM

Hey BoBo, how wide are they inside and what is the interior height? Thinking of selling my cargo trailer that we camp in and going this route
Posted By: grimreapor

Re: Mule pro + tough country - 04/08/19 10:48 PM

I built out an 40’ high cube container. I framed out living quarters with a bathroom and everything on the front 27’. That left 13’ for me to park my ranger crew in the back. Awesome setup and air tight. My ranger never sits outside and I don’t have to trailer it all the time. I can answer any questions that anyone has for the most part. It’s not as hard as it looks. Just time consuming with great rewards after it’s done. up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum