Texas Hunting Forum

No More Flat Tires on Polaris

Posted By: Reekax

No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/09/19 06:37 PM

Son added this track kit to his Polaris Ranger.
Each hub has a gear reduction.
No more mesquite thorn flats or worringing about loose sand.
I swear this thing will go up a cliff.
It is awesome.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/09/19 06:52 PM

sweet!

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/09/19 10:16 PM

Check out the added ground clearance.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/09/19 11:04 PM

Looks pretty expensive!!!
Posted By: helomech

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/09/19 11:16 PM

Wonder how well the do with sticks? I always have sticks under my side by side.
Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/10/19 05:11 AM

I was wondering the same thing with sticks and such.

Looks freakin awesome though. Bet it was not a cheap upgrade.

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/10/19 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Nathan at Fork
I was wondering the same thing with sticks and such.

Looks freakin awesome though. Bet it was not a cheap upgrade.

I got holes in the bottom of my Big red from sticks. I bet driving over a fresh pine cutting would not be good with this.

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/10/19 06:31 AM

Don’t know about pine cuttings. We don’t have any of that where we hunt.
I do know it is excellent in mesquite, hardwoods, loose sand, cactus, mud, snow, etc..
I spreads the weight of the vehicle over a much broader and longer footprint than
Tires do.

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/10/19 06:34 AM

I bet it does good. Pine sticks was just the first thing that popped in my head when I saw the pic. I have had pine branches bust CV boots often, even took the tach cable out on my tractor. But we don't have big thorns like yall do.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/10/19 01:07 PM

Plenty of nasty stuff in Wilbarger.

https://www.sidebysidestuff.com/cam...pyNH34AIVSr7ACh2gjA3uEAQYASABEgKvt_D_BwE

If these are the same... looks like $4,000.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/10/19 09:18 PM

That is awesome!!!
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/10/19 10:21 PM

The things I could tear up with that machine!!!
Posted By: Scott W

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/11/19 02:35 AM

Looks awesome! How's he going to get it out of the garage?
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/11/19 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

You would get it stuck. Don't lie....
Posted By: huntingag01

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/11/19 04:25 AM

Wonder what those do for ease or turning and turning radius.
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/11/19 01:25 PM

That's pretty fantastic stuff. Better make sure he knows how to get a tread back on in case he throws one when he's a ways out.
Posted By: tlk

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/11/19 09:19 PM

what is top speed with those on?
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/12/19 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by 2Beez
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

You would get it stuck. Don't lie....

That’s a given but it’s getting to that point thats going to be a blast.
Posted By: PMK

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/12/19 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Scott W

I noticed that too ...
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/12/19 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by PMK

I noticed that too ...

X3
Posted By: Cast

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/12/19 03:29 PM

If it can’t squat, that rig is home.
Posted By: Scott W

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/12/19 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by PMK

I noticed that too ...

X3

Originally Posted by Cast
If it can’t squat, that rig is home.

This is the only reason I'm still following this thread. I thought I was the only one that noticed this. Can't let the air out of the tires cause it ain't got no tires! I want to know if he realizes it before he backs it out or if he gets a painful reminder.
Posted By: Cast

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/12/19 03:59 PM

I’m hoping there’s another taller garage door in that building.

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/12/19 04:20 PM

Came out of garage just fine. It was tight but it does clear.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/12/19 07:25 PM

They are a really hot item up here, gets your atv into areas late season that snow machines are usually needed.
You should see the trucks outfitted with them for late season hunting and equipment checks on wind farms and wells sites.
Posted By: Blank

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/25/19 05:10 AM

[Linked Image]

If you want to go faster, just add horsepower!!!!
Posted By: Gacman

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/25/19 11:03 PM

I just sold my 800 crew ranger and would like to buy a new one sometime this year or next or whenever I find a lease to be on again. I went through, no lyin, 14 tires over 6 years due to mesquite etc.

So what is the top speed of that ranger with those tracks on it? That and what did it cost is what I need to know.
Posted By: don k

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/26/19 12:14 PM

From what I have seen they are the answer to driving in snow. But I personally think they are going to turn out to be a PITA other wise. Sticks rocks and whatever else that can get between the tracks rollers and sprocket.are going to be a problem.

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/26/19 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by don k
From what I have seen they are the answer to driving in snow. But I personally think they are going to turn out to be a PITA other wise. Sticks rocks and whatever else that can get between the tracks rollers and sprocket.are going to be a problem.

That is what I would think. Some vines or branches in those sprockets would be a pain to get out, if they didn't knock the track off.
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 03/26/19 04:03 PM

I wanna see that thing back up a trailer
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 04/03/19 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Gacman
I just sold my 800 crew ranger and would like to buy a new one sometime this year or next or whenever I find a lease to be on again. I went through, no lyin, 14 tires over 6 years due to mesquite etc.

So what is the top speed of that ranger with those tracks on it? That and what did it cost is what I need to know.

It's about $4,000 upgrade for those tracks. Not sure about speed.
Posted By: 1badmopar

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 04/13/19 03:22 PM

That's actually my buggy. My dad and mom had come over the day I installed them to check things out and take some pictures. I have put quite a few miles on it since those pictures were taken. To answer the posed questions... yes, they are Camoplast 4S tracks, which stands for 4 season. The bearings and seals are rated for mud as well as snow. They have gear reducers in the hubs, so that they require less engine power to turn. One large advantage I noticed was how much less throttle it requires now to drive at a low speed. With the factory tires, there was much more throttle required to move the vehicle than now. Secondly, contrary to what most might think the ranger rides smoother now than it did with tires. The long tracks span the dips in the ground and smooth them out. It is a billy goat, you can climb vertical sand hills, in 2wd, with very little effort. Hills that my Honda 4wd four wheeler can't get up with a running start, I can climb with ease in 2wd, stop half way up, and then continue on to the top. 4wd is just a toy now for when you just want 4wd. The rear tracks are over 4ft long, so they act like wheelie bars and hold the front end down on steep climbs. I primarily use it to pull my boat trailer down to the river bank and back it into the river for launch. The tracks allow me to drive in the silt and washing sand, and stay on top with enough traction to pull the trailer in and out. Top speed is cut in half. You could most likely get up to around 20 mph or so, but I never really drive this one fast. I have the Polaris 850ho 4wheeler to hotrod around on.

The negative is that it limits your turning ability slightly. Probably about a 10% reduction. Secondly, is that it will throw dirt in your face big time! I either run with the doors on, or drive slow. It's like having multiple people shoveling dirt at you as fast as they can. The paddles pick up anything on the road and flip it right at your face. I now have some mud flaps on the front that slow a lot of it down.

The tracks are about 48" long and 18" wide. They give you a lot of surface area. You would really have to be trying to get stuck around here. But I'm sure its plenty possible.

The tracks are also not designed for lots of logs and sticks. It will not puncture the tracks, they are remarkably durable. They however will get lodged between the tracks and body and break the suspension if you are not careful. The tracks produce a lot more torque than the factory tires during rotation, and they have large paddles which can pick up the sticks. You can drive through sticks and logs just fine, you just need to take it slow and watch for them flipping up and binding.

Bridger
Posted By: PMK

Re: No More Flat Tires on Polaris - 04/16/19 07:04 PM

The negative is that it limits your turning ability slightly. Probably about a 10% reduction. Secondly, is that it will throw dirt in your face big time! I either run with the doors on, or drive slow. It's like having multiple people shoveling dirt at you as fast as they can. The paddles pick up anything on the road and flip it right at your face. I now have some mud flaps on the front that slow a lot of it down.

that would be fun in snake country without doors ... eeks333
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum