Texas Hunting Forum

Ram in floor storage

Posted By: jimgb

Ram in floor storage - 02/12/19 01:30 AM

Ram in floor storage locker down safe cost 345 dollar vs tuffy security lid 88 dollars. Do you have one of them and are you happy with it. Looking to get one for the times when it best to lock up pistol for short time.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Ram in floor storage - 02/12/19 02:10 AM

Link?
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Ram in floor storage - 02/12/19 01:19 PM

If your talking about the factory one.... it’s bad to the bone. Ram has the best interior by far.....
Posted By: Okie Newton

Re: Ram in floor storage - 02/12/19 01:25 PM

I looked at a 2500 this past weekend. Was super nice, even had the fold flat storage. Seats fold up out of the way, big flat area for guns or luggage.

Re: Ram in floor storage - 02/12/19 01:39 PM

tuffy ram in the floor security lid
locker down safes su vault 2009-2018 ram model ld3029

Re: Ram in floor storage - 02/12/19 01:57 PM

https://www.americantrucks.com/lock...artment-safe-0918-ram-1500-crew-cab.html

This?

I like it!

Re: Ram in floor storage - 02/12/19 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by jimgb
Ram in floor storage locker down safe cost 345 dollar vs tuffy security lid 88 dollars. Do you have one of them and are you happy with it. Looking to get one for the times when it best to lock up pistol for short time.

I can’t see spending the $345. It gives marginally more security than the $88 lid. I seriously doubt there has ever been a BMV of a truck equipped with the in floor storage where the criminal broke into it from under the truck.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Ram in floor storage - 02/12/19 04:05 PM

This reminds me that ive had my truck over 3 years now, I have the in floor compartments.... im going to go look and see what is in there under my weather tech mats, who knows might be something ive been looking for lol.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Ram in floor storage - 02/12/19 07:34 PM

I got a spare roll of toilet paper in my floor bin. Aint no body stole it yet. up
Posted By: Scott W

Re: Ram in floor storage - 02/12/19 08:25 PM

I keep spare fluids, trailer balls, trailer wiring adapters, spare gloves, first aid kit, orange safety vest (required by county dump) in mine. TP is under the back seat and in Rambox.

I also have Ramboxes and those lock & unlock with the doors so if I need to keep something safe, i would keep it there. Had them for 7 years and no one has messed with them yet. Ram has the best storage solutions by far, even without the Ramboxes.

BTW, my old truck is for sale in the Classifieds if anyone wants a 4x4 crew cab 1/2 ton with ramboxes.
Posted By: Lotto

Re: Ram in floor storage - 02/13/19 03:55 AM

I have been thinking about icing down a six pac in mine this summer while tooling around the farm.......

Re: Ram in floor storage - 03/16/19 12:01 AM

Update got the tuffy lid for my ramin floor storage works great only 4 screws to install.

Re: Ram in floor storage - 03/16/19 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by jimgb
Update got the tuffy lid for my ramin floor storage works great only 4 screws to install.

I think I may buy this. I only keep recovery gear for my winch in them, but there is prob $500 between the two
Posted By: easttxhoghunter

Re: Ram in floor storage - 04/02/19 12:49 AM

Nice storage option, any reason I couldn't install this in my 2015 F-150?

Re: Ram in floor storage - 04/02/19 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by easttxhoghunter
Nice storage option, any reason I couldn't install this in my 2015 F-150?

The storage compartment in the floorboard is a factory option in the Ram.

To the best of my knowledge Ford and GM do not offer it.

I would not cut a hole in my floor board for two reasons.

#1. You don’t know what part of the floor board is or is not a crumple zone.

#2. Water and air leaks, road noise and resale value.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum