Texas Hunting Forum

Side by Side - In your garage?

Posted By: triggerbowtx

Side by Side - In your garage? - 01/31/19 04:22 PM

Since a Mule on a trailer does not fit in a normal sized two car garage (height)..... Does anyone store a Mule (or Polaris, or whatever) in your home garage? And also store a trailer next to it? So, basically your two car garage now stores a Mule in one spot and a trailer in the other?

Is it a royal pain when your ready to load up or when you get back home?
Posted By: rfamilyhunting

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 01/31/19 06:31 PM

Mule stays in the garage, trailer stays outside. My vehicle is worth way more than the trailer so it has priority. Hookup trailer, load mule, strap down and hit the road. I have a chain already mounted on the front of the trailer to lock the front down, I only have to chain strap the rear and I'm done. Really not much of an issue. I spend more time loading all the other hunting gear than I do the Mule.
Posted By: don k

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 01/31/19 07:23 PM

Just about everything I own stays under a roof. It lasts a heck of a lot longer that way.

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/01/19 12:27 AM

Thanks. I am basically trying to justify a purchase of a Mule. If I bought one, I would need to keep both the trailer and the mule in the garage. Each in their own space. Sounds like it’s easy enough to load up and go. In a dream world, my garage would be tall enough to store the mule on the trailer, but just don’t have that option. I also really don’t have the option to store the trailer outside.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/01/19 04:31 AM

I park mine in my shop on the trailer during the season, the rest of the time the trailer sits outside and the SxS inside
Posted By: Judd

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/01/19 03:22 PM

My trailer and Ranger have taken up the garage since I bought them. No regrats grin
Posted By: duckbill

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/01/19 03:50 PM

When I had my arctic cat SXS, I stored it on the 5x10 trailer in my standard two car garage. Here's the trick. I had a tilt trailer. Let's say I'm outside and ready to put everything away. I would back the SXS into the garage as far as it would go (touching the wall). Then, I would push the trailer in by hand, tilt the trailer, and get the leading edge of the back of the trailer up against the front tires of the SXS. At this point I chock the trailer tires. Then, I hop in the SXS and drive it onto the trailer, which causes it to tilt back down. I pin the trailer so that it can't tilt, and then push the trailer with the SXS on it as far back into the garage leaving a little room behind it to walk. To get it it out, it was essentially the reverse of the aforementioned process.

Yes, it was a pain, but it worked and left the other stall open for my wife's vehicle. I sold the whole package, recently moved, and now have more garage space than I know what to do with. Go figure.

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/01/19 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
My trailer and Ranger have taken up the garage since I bought them. No regrats grin

So, do you do it like I mentioned? Trailer in one stall...Ranger in the other stall?

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/01/19 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by duckbill
When I had my arctic cat SXS, I stored it on the 5x10 trailer in my standard two car garage. Here's the trick. I had a tilt trailer. Let's say I'm outside and ready to put everything away. I would back the SXS into the garage as far as it would go (touching the wall). Then, I would push the trailer in by hand, tilt the trailer, and get the leading edge of the back of the trailer up against the front tires of the SXS. At this point I chock the trailer tires. Then, I hop in the SXS and drive it onto the trailer, which causes it to tilt back down. I pin the trailer so that it can't tilt, and then push the trailer with the SXS on it as far back into the garage leaving a little room behind it to walk. To get it it out, it was essentially the reverse of the aforementioned process.

Yes, it was a pain, but it worked and left the other stall open for my wife's vehicle. I sold the whole package, recently moved, and now have more garage space than I know what to do with. Go figure.

Yeah, that sounds like way too much effort for me. LOL. Would rather take up both spaces...
Posted By: Judd

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/01/19 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by triggerbowtx
Originally Posted by Judd

So, do you do it like I mentioned? Trailer in one stall...Ranger in the other stall?

Yes sir. I don't mind it the wife never was crazy about it nuts

Living in town has it's negatives, that is one of them.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/01/19 06:11 PM

It amazes me the cost and trouble people go through for sxs's.
Posted By: helomech

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/01/19 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy

I would hate to think of what my life on my property would be like without a side by side. I will never go back to a regular 4 wheeler. I have a 2010 honda big red and that thing has been outside it's entire life and never given me any trouble. Just changed the batter this week. The SXS is just so damn useful.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/01/19 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by helomech

I would hate to think of what my life on my property would be like without a side by side. I will never go back to a regular 4 wheeler. I have a 2010 honda big red and that thing has been outside it's entire life and never given me any trouble. Just changed the batter this week. The SXS is just so damn useful.

My 2005 mule stays outside at the property 24/7. I do park it under a tree and drap a tarp over the dashboard. I just don't have room at home.
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/01/19 11:25 PM

polaris 900 crew fits great in my garage , no issues here red chevy .
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/01/19 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by triggerbowtx
Originally Posted by duckbill

Yeah, that sounds like way too much effort for me. LOL. Would rather take up both spaces...

I would wind up sitting in my SXS in my living room with that "Wha' happened?" look.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/01/19 11:47 PM

It amazes me as to why someone would care what someone else does with their money. Some of actually use them daily and wish to protect our long term invest. Plus we aren't all a wedge-azz. grin
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/01/19 11:55 PM

well said stxranchman
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/02/19 12:31 AM

My Rhino fits in my 2 door Tuff Shed and the trailer in parked in the side yard in front of the shed.

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/02/19 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by twinbubba
My Rhino fits in my 2 door Tuff Shed and the trailer in parked in the side yard in front of the shed.

Yeah I don’t have a Tuff shed or a place for a Tuff shed. Or a side yard where I can store a trailer.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/02/19 03:03 AM

Rent a trailer? Places down here rent trailers...rental stores, Tractor Supply, etc.
Posted By: BubRay

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/02/19 12:34 PM

Kendon makes a nice foldable trailer that you can fold and store upright next to the utv. Would get you back to using only one space. Pricey but very nice and you can find them 1/2 off online used if you look around a while.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/02/19 09:48 PM

How much more clearance do you need?

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/03/19 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
How much more clearance do you need?

Not sure I know what you’re asking? How much more clearance do I need in my garage to keep a Mule on a trailer and back it into my garage? Not sure, but probably a couple feet.
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/03/19 09:53 PM

Honda Pioneer in garage, trailer in storage.

The Honda won’t fit under the door header with its roof on it.
Posted By: ChrisG

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/04/19 02:07 PM

Brace and install a winch high on the side garage wall. Back the empty trailer in and hook to winch, crank it up, brace and store on its side along the garage wall. Back the Mule next to the trailer and shut garage.
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/04/19 03:27 PM

Wish you had one, do ya?

I will never go back to a regular 4 wheeler. The SXS is just so....useful.

Yep. Don't need near as many bungee straps.

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/04/19 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisG
Brace and install a winch high on the side garage wall. Back the empty trailer in and hook to winch, crank it up, brace and store on its side along the garage wall. Back the Mule next to the trailer and shut garage.

Wow, now that is creative thinking. And more effort than I am willing to do. I can use both stalls because my truck doesn't fit in garage anyway...
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/06/19 09:34 PM

Mine stays at my lease in a garage.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/07/19 01:10 PM

Mine stays at my property under a tree.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/07/19 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Reloder28

Wish you had one, do ya?

I will never go back to a regular 4 wheeler. The SXS is just so....useful.

Yep. Don't need near as many bungee straps.

No, im a simple person I don't need one and I don't want one. They are too loud for my taste and I can drive a truck anywhere I need to on our property. I know many people use them daily as a tool but I also know many that its nothing more than a toy that eats $20k and provides storage problems. I can easily afford one, I do not want one.

If I was trying to park one in a residential garage I would buy one without a roof or a removable roof, or make the roof removable, and leave it on the trailer.
Posted By: Sprman

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/07/19 01:47 PM

Can am stays in the 3rd side of the garage and the Jeep and few other stuff stay in the other side of the garage. Trailer is outside on the backside of the property out of the way and I use it for more than just to haul the side by side. We use the can am to drive around the property and around the neighborhood during the off season.
Posted By: Blank

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/07/19 11:50 PM

I have a 36 foot shop built on the back of the house, with a drive thru garage door inside off the regular garage. MY Kawasaki Teryx SxS and MGA stay in the shop. The Nissan Titan and wife's Rogue stay in the front garage, and flat bed trailer on concrete RV pad next to house.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 02/25/19 05:33 AM

Find a place to store your trailer outside, like storage shed
Posted By: Vern1

Re: Side by Side - In your garage? - 03/05/19 04:07 PM

Mule, Rancher, CRV, Tacoma, Datsun truck, lawn mower, tiller, weedeater, chainsaws, etc. sit in 5 car garage.
Tractors are in hanger.
Trailer sits outside with other trailers and implements like shreaders, plows, box blades, etc.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum