Texas Hunting Forum

Lost Mule Keys

Posted By: pkfergy

Lost Mule Keys - 01/23/19 05:53 AM

2009 KAF620 4010 mule

Easier to get key replaced or buy new ignition. Question is are the replacement ignition switches and keys a plug and play type?

Anyone had to do this before ?
Posted By: don k

Re: Lost Mule Keys - 01/23/19 01:04 PM

If it is like a kubota maybe any mule key wil work.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Lost Mule Keys - 01/23/19 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by don k
If it is like a kubota maybe any mule key wil work.

Same with my Gator.
Posted By: jmac24

Re: Lost Mule Keys - 01/23/19 03:05 PM

During hunting season I thought I had lost mine. Few hours later I found the key. I went on Ebay with the key# and ordered another for about $5. If you have the paperwork it may list your key#
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Lost Mule Keys - 01/23/19 04:36 PM

Dealership should be able to help you. I had same problem with my Honda UTV. They looked at a number on ignition switch, order key, problem solved.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Lost Mule Keys - 01/23/19 04:49 PM

This is no help now, but I always leave an extra key for my mule hidden at the property. Remember, if you have an extra key,
you will never need it. At least that is how it works for me.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Lost Mule Keys - 01/29/19 04:17 PM

I was told it was around $40 at the dealership (not sure on that). So since I was having an issue with the ignition sticking, I ordered a new ignition that comes with two keys for I think about $60. I haven't changed it yet, the other one is working fine but I do carry it in the storage box.
Posted By: pkfergy

Re: Lost Mule Keys - 01/30/19 05:35 AM

thanks guys. appreciate the info.
Posted By: Papalote

Re: Lost Mule Keys - 01/31/19 08:56 PM

Get an extra key made and put each key on its own large, brightly colored lanyard (key necklace) or flagging (surveyor) tape. Assuming you were issued two keys on purchase, losing 3 keys isn't probable. I keep keys in separate locations, all with a long yellow or white length of flagging tape attached.

Papalote
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum