Texas Hunting Forum

Jeep Wrangler-good deal or not?

Posted By: lubbockdave

Jeep Wrangler-good deal or not? - 10/05/18 05:15 PM

Jeep Wrangler good deal? Found a 2005 golden eagle jeep wrangler with 25,000 miles on it. Garage kept new tires. Buyer is asking $20,900. Good deal or no
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Jeep Wrangler-good deal or not? - 10/05/18 08:46 PM

Pass. He’s looking & hoping a collector buys it at that price. The “Golden Eagle” pays tribute to the older mid 70’s Golden Eagle. It’s basically a Jeep with stickers
Posted By: lubbockdave

Re: Jeep Wrangler-good deal or not? - 10/05/18 08:54 PM

Kind of what I was thinking-I know I have th fever right now but dont ant to make a several thousand dollar mistake. But fall is a nice time to drive with the top off I would imagine.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Jeep Wrangler-good deal or not? - 10/05/18 09:10 PM

NADA values the Rubicon at $14000 with the mileage addition. I don't know if the Golden eagle is a Rubicon with the stickers or if it is a sport package with stickers, but either way, he is charging $6000 for the stickers. As was stated above, unless you are a collector looking for a Golden Eagle, that is not a good buy.
Posted By: mikei

Re: Jeep Wrangler-good deal or not? - 10/05/18 09:38 PM

Besides what BigPig and unclebubba have pointed out, I'd make darned sure you get a history on this Eagle. Find out where it came from. Lots of vehicles turning up that went through the Houston flood and the Gulf Coast hurricane. Can't be too careful. . .
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Jeep Wrangler-good deal or not? - 10/06/18 01:05 AM

That’s a no go. Should be able to pick up something easily under $15k. Mileage is low but it’s a Jeep. I’d pass unless it’s something you are really wanting. Much better deals out there.
Posted By: mohunter

Re: Jeep Wrangler-good deal or not? - 10/07/18 11:35 PM

Jeeps are crazy, depends on how much you want that particular Jeep because they do not make them like that any longer.

I sold my 2005 Jeep Wrangler Rocky Mountain Edition with 27,000 miles on it 3 years ago for $18,000 cash in a couple of days of listing it.
It had half doors, soft top, 6 speed manual transmission, small 2.5 lift, and mud tires on it, I paid $16,000 for it in 2006 with 15,000 miles on it.

Crazy that I had it for nearly 9 years and sold it for $2,000 more than what I paid.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum