Texas Hunting Forum

Has anyone had issues and what was fix on kawasake 4010 fuel pump

Posted By: tigger

Has anyone had issues and what was fix on kawasake 4010 fuel pump - 09/21/18 09:40 PM

Has anyone had this issue and fix.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Has anyone had issues and what was fix on kawasake 4010 fuel pump - 09/22/18 12:47 AM

Is it the pump? A lot of the Kawasaki guys have found that the fuel filter on the end of the pick up tube is actually doing its job and clogging up.
Posted By: arandy

Re: Has anyone had issues and what was fix on kawasake 4010 fuel pump - 09/22/18 11:46 AM

I had so much fuel pump trouble with my 4010 that I finally just gave up and sold it because it would run good for a while and then just leave you stranded or maybe turn a two mile trip into an all day affair. I'd say the only sure fix (and it will likely be short term) is when it starts to act up replace the whole fuel pump assembly, which is expensive. I had wiring, filter, and pump issues. It got to where I just could not depend on it for a bird hunting rig so it had to go. Unless you like working on your rig in the field when you should be following the dogs, sell it and move on.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Has anyone had issues and what was fix on kawasake 4010 fuel pump - 09/22/18 01:34 PM

I had to eventually change the pump on my Gator 825i plus drain and clean the tank. All fixed.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Has anyone had issues and what was fix on kawasake 4010 fuel pump - 09/22/18 01:41 PM

It’s all related to gas going bad I’m sure.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Has anyone had issues and what was fix on kawasake 4010 fuel pump - 09/22/18 01:50 PM

Yes, that is true. I forgot to add that since the repairs, I run alcohol free gas from Bowie.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Has anyone had issues and what was fix on kawasake 4010 fuel pump - 09/22/18 02:24 PM

It’s the main reason I bought a diesel Mule
Posted By: arandy

Re: Has anyone had issues and what was fix on kawasake 4010 fuel pump - 09/22/18 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: 68rustbucket
It’s the main reason I bought a diesel Mule

Exactly and the Pro's size and suspension are the ticket for a bird hunting rig. I can't run 5 gallons of fuel in three days and I hunt AM/PM.
Posted By: cos

Re: Has anyone had issues and what was fix on kawasake 4010 fuel pump - 09/24/18 12:19 AM

Do away with the electric pump and put a simple lawn mower pump on it. Friend did mine at ranch and solved my problems. Has to work off of a pulse from the engine.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum