Texas Hunting Forum

Lein release question on Texas title ?

Posted By: texdexters

Lein release question on Texas title ? - 07/30/18 08:10 AM

I bought a dirt bike of a lot years ago , paid it off got the title . Well after 2 moves and a house fire I managed to lose the the title , never turned it in to get the lein released from it. Last month my trailer was hit while it was on it totaling the bike and trailer. Insurance wont way till i get a title. I Managed to track down the original bank out of Illinois and got a scanned notarized release. My question is on the tx dot website says only an original release or a certified copy will work to get the clean title. Does a notarized copy constitute as a certified copy ?
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Lein release question on Texas title ? - 07/30/18 04:09 PM

I would say yes.
Posted By: Hooker

Re: Lein release question on Texas title ? - 08/04/18 09:42 PM

Woops!!!!!

LIEN
Posted By: abel0223

Re: Lein release question on Texas title ? - 08/21/18 03:56 PM

I would not think so. I work in the car business and they always want an original lien release from the lending institution before they will issue a title. Certified copy might work, but i would still have them send it to you in the mail. They usually say it takes 2-3 weeks for them to send you the original, but if you have a fed-ex account they will overnight it to you on your dime most of the time. Hopefully the certified copy will work for you.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum