Texas Hunting Forum

DIY bedliner...

Posted By: Captain Chunk

DIY bedliner... - 02/20/18 10:08 PM

The ol’ War Pig is in need of some paint. In the few cases I’ve found a shop that is willing to do the work (most only do collision repair) their quotes are far more than I’d be willing to spend on this particular vehicle. The idea of a roll on bedliner came up. Looks like Herculiner is the best option. Has anybody done this? What are the do’s and don’ts? I get there will be a lot of prep work, but looking for an idea of what I’m possibly getting myself in to.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: DIY bedliner... - 02/21/18 01:37 AM

Tag. Hopefully some body has some ideas on this...
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: DIY bedliner... - 02/21/18 01:40 AM

I bought some DIY stuff and did a small yard trailer. There was a lot of prep work. Sand paint real good, leave nothing shinning, clean real good, twice or three times with non oil base residue cleaner like alcohol. Brush on product at all corners and anywhere a roller can't get to. Then roll on main area first one way then cross hatch the other way. So far this has held up real good. I haul wood, leaves, dirt etc. Have had very minor peeling.
Posted By: Growley

Re: DIY bedliner... - 02/21/18 11:55 AM

I had an old Jeep Cherokee that I was planning on doing. I did a bunch of reading before settling on a brand called Monstaliner. I forget why people preferred it over Herculiner or any others. It gets good reviews though. And they have a lot of colors to choose from.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum