Texas Hunting Forum

Mule FXT Battery

Posted By: ccreyeder

Mule FXT Battery - 09/15/17 05:15 PM

Supposed to be going to the lease tomorrow and help my dad with putting corn in feeders, getting game cameras ready, etc...

He went today and just called and said the battery is dead in the Mule FXT...

Anyone know what size/kind of battery it uses? There is not a mule dealership anywhere near me, hopefully I can pick up something that will work at autozone, tractor supply, etc...

TIA!
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Mule FXT Battery - 09/15/17 06:46 PM

Most auto parts stores should have a book for looking up the battery that will work for it. I avoid autozone like the plague. If its not on their computer screen, those folks are useless.
Posted By: ccreyeder

Re: Mule FXT Battery - 09/15/17 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: ZK-315
Most auto parts stores should have a book for looking up the battery that will work for it. I avoid autozone like the plague. If its not on their computer screen, those folks are useless.

lol... I hear ya! I may be in luck, I found a Kawasaki place in NB, that may have one... heading there it check it out.. thanks for the help!
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Mule FXT Battery - 09/15/17 08:15 PM

Just a heads up, but some of those atv/utv/motorcycle batteries do not come filled from the factory and will need to be filled and charged prior to use.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Mule FXT Battery - 09/16/17 02:24 PM

I got my last one at Home Depot. There was some confusion about the return and they just gave it to me free.
Posted By: Night Skunk

Re: Mule FXT Battery - 09/21/17 07:11 PM

Aren't the FXT batteries typical car/truck batteries or are they a special Kawi type?
Posted By: Vern1

Re: Mule FXT Battery - 09/21/17 10:41 PM

They are just a lead acid battery.
I've used batteries from lawn mowers, motorcycles, gas golf carts, etc. in Mules and Rangers as long as they fit in the battery box.
I am using a battery from a Harley dresser in mine right now and it has excellent cranking amps on cold mornings.

There are new Lithium-Ion batteries available that are supposed to last 7-9 years and are around 100 bux.
I think Battery Tender has one available under their brand.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Mule FXT Battery - 09/22/17 02:53 AM

I think the mule and big jd gator have the same engine. You can probably find a jd dealer and pay to much
Posted By: mnsherick

Re: Mule FXT Battery - 09/25/17 02:59 PM

They are a lead acid battery (sealed) but they are specific. I ended up getting one at Auto zone and making a custom bracket so i'm not tied to kawi
Posted By: PMK

Re: Mule FXT Battery - 09/25/17 09:42 PM

this reminds me I need to slap my battery tender on my Kubota RTV ...
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Mule FXT Battery - 09/27/17 05:26 PM

I just put a Red top Optima in a 3010 4x4 a few months ago. Had to adjust bracket a bit but it fit just fine.
Posted By: bbqfan5909

Re: Mule FXT Battery - 09/27/17 06:30 PM

Take the battery out and take it to walmart, match it to the closest size. They are car batteries and much bigger than the crap atv batteries.
Posted By: Vern1

Re: Mule FXT Battery - 10/01/17 03:46 PM

Some of the mules have the battery box big enough to use a U1 lawnmower battery.
If you use it in your mule, they last much longer than in a lawnmower as you start it regularly.
They also have 230 cranking amps so they spin the starter faster and run winch longer.
A plus is they cost 19.87 at WalMart.
Just make you check the acid level and charge it before using it an it will last a long time.
Posted By: crash519

Re: Mule FXT Battery - 10/03/17 02:22 PM

Since I don't own one, yet, I could be wrong. I believe the engine in the Mule Pro FX/FXT is a 3 cylinder car engine and uses a standard battery. That's just what I read somewhere, regarding the battery. I agree with everyone though; find a standard battery that fits the box and use it instead of the worthless UTV/ATV batteries.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum